How far can 80# injectors take me

Oh, I thought you wrote 6680 - like 66 and 80.

Maybe I don't understand the nomenclature , I'm a turbo noob, although I know it's a bigger turbo. I couldn't find much info searching on this forum.
80 trim but actually 68mm I believe.it is big and much harder to spool than say a 62mm or 65mm or 66mm turbine wheel.the bb helps it come up faster.

So I'm in the beginning stages of a new short block being built.

Old parts I'm gonna try to reuse if possible are my 80# injectors.

I know I'm gonna need a fuel pump because my old one is a dw300, and I'll need fuel lines as well.

The build is gonna be a 109 forged stock displacement bottom end, roller cam, EDIT: just bought ported heads and intake. Also going intercooled.

Now main concern with fuel delivery is because I just purchased a turbonetics 6668 turbo for a good price, and since I'm on a budget it was a good deal for me since I'm not gonna use my hot air turbo.

What size injectors do I need if I need them and what size pump and fuel lines?

Thx

The 80's and a single DW300 will get you in the 10's with a full weight car ... at the point you run those 2 out .. you will need to really update a lot of the cars components .. if you opt to just "FUEL" the car with the new motor setup you have .. you will break a bunch of other stuff in the process of harnessing that power .. if you are going from a hot air car that ran high 12's ... to a low 11 second setup they are WORLDS apart in comparison to how the car feels...
you just maybe real happy with a low 11 second / high 10 second car and decide to not push it further .. Shit breaks real real quick when you start hitting the 10.60-10.7 zone .. back it off to high 10's low 11's and it lives for a long time

Another concern that will probably limit how far I push it is the fact that my TH400 is basically stock with a shift kit
If this trans does not have a converter restriction in it, it needs one. W/o, there's a good chance the converter will put excessively high loads on the thrust brg...
AIRC, a check of cooler out psi will tell you what's going on. My 400 was restricted so the psi was in the 40# range..... Donnie Wang showed me how to do this. Most likely, one of the trans gurus will be along, to comment. The mod is also on the web...
https://www.searchincognito.com/search?eq=uK1gMdpe37J2abZT6z/ImxY+Q4alWD3/WQTnsPcN5l0=

Been a while.

If this trans does not have a converter restriction in it, it needs one. W/o, there's a good chance the converter will put excessively high loads on the thrust brg...
AIRC, a check of cooler out psi will tell you what's going on. My 400 was restricted so the psi was in the 40# range..... Donnie Wang showed me how to do this. Most likely, one of the trans gurus will be along, to comment. The mod is also on the web...
https://www.searchincognito.com/search?eq=uK1gMdpe37J2abZT6z/ImxY+Q4alWD3/WQTnsPcN5l0=

Been a while.
I did the restriction mod, but don't know the pressure. Never tested it. But it runs and drives good.

The 80's and a single DW300 will get you in the 10's with a full weight car ... at the point you run those 2 out .. you will need to really update a lot of the cars components .. if you opt to just "FUEL" the car with the new motor setup you have .. you will break a bunch of other stuff in the process of harnessing that power .. if you are going from a hot air car that ran high 12's ... to a low 11 second setup they are WORLDS apart in comparison to how the car feels...
you just maybe real happy with a low 11 second / high 10 second car and decide to not push it further .. Shit breaks real real quick when you start hitting the 10.60-10.7 zone .. back it off to high 10's low 11's and it lives for a long time
With stock lines? You think a voltage booster should be ran to help the pump?

With stock lines? You think a voltage booster should be ran to help the pump?

yes on stock lines .. including the return ! .. many Turbo buicks running this setup with a lot of success .

Yes I suggest the voltage booster not only for the pump but a lot of other reasons as well. Make sure the pump gets clean power and let the pump push the injectors ... like I mentioned after you run these components out of room you will have to change a whole bunch of parts at the same time ( this is where it starts to get pricey and hard on the car )

yes on stock lines .. including the return ! .. many Turbo buicks running this setup with a lot of success .

Yes I suggest the voltage booster not only for the pump but a lot of other reasons as well. Make sure the pump gets clean power and let the pump push the injectors ... like I mentioned after you run these components out of room you will have to change a whole bunch of parts at the same time ( this is where it starts to get pricey and hard on the car )
Well thanks for the info. I guess I need to buy a voltage booster, any recommendations?

Caspers is the only one that makes one
I'm not sure,but I think you can still get a Red Armstrong booster from Dave Husek. I prefer this one because it doesn't use the 5 volt line used by the TPS. If the Caspers fails in a particular way,your computer can see a closed throttle at WOT. Not good. All cars should have a volt booster. If there is a car that has more of a need of a volt booster,it would be one with a larger aftermarket fuel feed line not one with a stock line. The larger line hold more fuel that weighs more and acts against the pump more under hard acceleration.

Interesting .. I was under the impression he was retired long ago !!
He's at a point where he's not trying to bring any new products to market,but still producing the products he has been marketing for many years now.

He's at a point where he's not trying to bring any new products to market,but still producing the products he has been marketing for many years now.

Interesting .. i didn't realize he brought anything new to the market in 15 years :)

Caspers is the only one that makes one

I think Red Armstrong still sells them. You have to call him directly. 440.235.3232

Great product and very nice person to deal with.

Edit - TREED! :D

I think Red Armstrong still sells them. You have to call him directly. 440.235.3232

Great product and very nice person to deal with.

Edit - TREED! :D

Correct .. i just stopped using his after burning up 2 alternators .. like 20 years ago :)

My buddy went 10.60s with 80s and a DW300 single. He did however have to change out his return line as many of us have had to do.