You can type here any text you want

How far could a pt67/76 dbb get me?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The talk is always about boost.
yes it should be about airflow ,as a turbo at 20 psi on a bigger motor with great heads makes a 1000hp, that same turbo at 40 psi makes the same power on a smaller engine

is that measurable?are you referring to egt temps/intake charge temps on a 125 hp per hole combo?
There's way more to it than that. The entire internal combustion engine operates on compromises. Finding the best compromises for that combo will yield the best result. I've seen big gains on 100hp/hole applications by making a couple small changes. If I'm reducing fuel delivery and seeing the same or more power something positive definitely happened. More than likely the mass flow of the engine isn't increasing much either or it would show up leaner. A gain in power is more than enough proof. Seeing drops in exhaust pressure and less fuel consumption are just other observations. If you were to look at the cylinder pressures throughout a complete 4 stroke cycle in a turbo engine compared to other types of engines it's easy to see why it's superior for almost every gasoline engine application with less peak and more effective pressure across more degrees of crank rotation. The piston is exerting force on the crank journal for longer. Nitrous is violent and impractical and high CR naturally aspirated engines have very high peak cylinder pressures that dissipate quickly as the piston moves down the bore and narrow operating ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes it should be about airflow ,as a turbo at 20 psi on a bigger motor with great heads makes a 1000hp, that same turbo at 40 psi makes the same power on a smaller engine
Or the smaller engine has double the operating rpm and still makes the 1000hp at 20psi. The turbo supports mass flow. The engine has to swallow it for it to make the power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On reading his sig,I know the Mease is a super great piece, but could it be out of its efficiency range for his power level and goals ? mabe time for a front mount?

On reading his sig,I know the Mease is a super great piece, but could it be out of its efficiency range for his power level and goals ? mabe time for a front mount?
I've been thinking that should be one of my future investments as well. When I bought this intercooler it was rated for 700HP at the crank and I am pretty close to that, and was thinking of upgrading to a RJC front mount. One of the reasons I don't want to go to a front mount is cause I love the way the Mease intercooler looks in the engine compartment, but for the love of HP if I would have to upgrade I guess I would have to.
m
Marco

Back