How far did you drive to buy your Turbo Buick?

When I bought my TTA, I drove 6 miles to my friend's shop, picked it up, and drove back. :p

Originally posted by 77tech9
I beat you all, I drove 711 Miles in a motor home staying somewhere in texas one day, getting the car, driving nonstop another 711 Miles back to Colorado (20 hours to get there, 11 hours back)

Sorry man, I still got you beat. ;)

I didn't even road test my GN before buying. I knew the car so I told the guy I would take it over the phone. His son was heartbroke over the sale of the car, he delivered it to my house just so he could drive it one last time.

I think i hold the record, 1,675 miles from Kansas to Los Angeles, flew in and drove back took me 3 days.

We drove about 7 hours from Lincoln Nebraska to Clinton Iowa to look at a sad 86GN. We stopped in Davenport Iowa on the way back to look at one of Jay Jacksons cars. We made another 6 hour trip the next weekend to pick it up, and trailer her back to Lincoln. (Thanks again Doug)

Flew to PTS in Sacramento, Bruce met me at the airport and I drove the car to his shop. BS'd for a few hrs. hopped in the car and started the 765 mile drive home.

The first one was only about 20 minutes away, but the second one was supposed to be about 4 1/2 hours away. The car was in NC, with a cracked header and various other 'small' problems. Told the guy-you get it to Atlanta (half way) and I'll buy it. Drove from Panama City, FL to Atlanta, Ga (7 months pregnant in Aug). Would have been an ok trip, but both bi-passes around Atlanta had road work (on the way there and back). Took a 2 hour detour to get only 15 minutes (on the bi-pass) down the road. Met the guy, drove and bought the car. The wiper/turn signal control arm was broken and got stuck on..it wasn't raining, so in attempt to get them off, we blew a fuse :confused: fried a wire or something. So, about two hours from home (of course) we hit a huge thunder storm. The water was passing by in sheets-with no wipers. Not to mention the no temp gauge, the fact that the cork had fallen into hte valve cover and couldn't be retreived, the no speedometer-we were really starting to question our purchase, but we made it home safe and sound. It was an eventful trip. I am glad I did it and thankful for the car today.

Friend of mine at work had the GN for sale in March 2000.

Saw the Dark Red T for sale on the gnttype board and flew from IL to Texas in June 2003, and drove the car about 850 miles home.

i was dating the guys daughter when the car was new. he wouldnt let me touch it! i saw the girl after about 10 years and she said my dad wants to sell his old buick and he never drove it much. i emailed him , bought the car over the phone after not seeing it for all that time with only 34,000 miles on it. flew from las vegas to boston, got a ride to saratoga springs ny (40 miles north of albany) and drove it back to vegas---2870 miles and got 28 mpg on the way back---len

I win the short distance award:) (I finally beat someone at soemthing) The previous owner just happen to have been my Mom. I even lost my first tooth in it. When I sell it and buy another one maybe I'l be able to share a more interesting buying story.

I even lost my first tooth in it. When I sell it and buy another one maybe I'l be able to share a more interesting buying story.

thats funny i lost something in mine to.

my tire gauge :D

Located 86 t-type on ebay, bid on it, lost bid, called about the car two days later, the winning bidder is a no show.
Work for a company in South Carolina that has a office in Detroit MI. Car is right outside the city limits, contact on of the program managers and ask him if he would look over the car and call me on his cell. He agrees and one day later he is talking to me as he looks over the t-type.

Two hours later on the phone, we put down money on the car.
One week later myself and another coworker are on a jet to Detroit. Leave at 6am arive at Detroit at 8:45am, shuttled to car arive at 9:20am. Test drive car 2 miles, spend 30 minutes with paper work and insurance carry over, buy my 3rd t-type.

Feeling like we have to make some time to get home in 10-11 hours, proceed onto 275 south, exactly 11 miles into the trip, Thanksgiven weekend, a MI state police car eyeballs us go by.

We have plates on the car from my truck in SC, the title to the buick, bill of sale and hopfully alot luck.

Here he comes out of the middle grass and right up to my left corner and stays there for about a 1/2 mile.

Then he swings behind and blue lites us to the shoulder.
Sitting there we think he has radio in the SC Plate and it doesn't match the car.

The MI State Cop comes to the passenger side window and states that the reason why he pulled us over was a cracked windsheild.

Can anyone see a cracked window at 70 mph, I don't think so.

He then states that he belongs to the Buick Club and like these cars.

Spends about 10 minutes of our time looking over the car and then says have a good trip.

What a TRIIP.

I got pulled over on my way home too. The Tennessee state trooper wanted to say "nice car." :D Plus, he had a hard time reading the temp tag. Yeah right :D

drove up to Eureka,CA (about 275miles)with a friend.
quick test drive and inspection(of what I knew then),
flashed some cash then drove it home happy!!

picked up the WE4 in Vallejo,CA.
25 miles away.

:D

Got up before 5AM (I'm in college, that's usually when I'm going to bed) and drove 160 miles to go look at the car. Checked it out, got the loan approval, and told the owner I would take it. Took a couple of days to get everything arranged and the owner delivered the car to my place at Rutgers (about 80 miles from his house) last night. After work today it will have plates and I'll finally get to drive my 87' GN.

-Jade