how fast can a turbonetics 66-p-bb-63 take u down the track!!

JP112_89 said:
I meant what's currently available with the cast wheel from Turbonetics. 6676 and 6680 are the older stuff...
I like the compressor cover on these sytle turbo's. Some other vendors have the stock appearing 66 which has the have TA cover and smaller "E" cover which doesn't flow as well.

Joe

Most of the 66's of recent have a cover that is no better than the E. Here it is:

Attachments

• image-3960116816.jpg
    image-3960116816.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 105
Ive been converting these into high mass flow 67's. The compressor I use is a custom forged milled wheel that will crush the cast 66's potential. At least 100hp more. 150hp on a purpose built with the large cover and turbine. The garrett t66 is a better compressor than the t netics. It is more efficient,

Brian, I just changed my converter to a NLU PTC 3400 stahl and the car spools up much better... You also said changing the cover on the TA66 would help getting more power out of the turbo?? If so do you have one??

JP112_89 said:
I bought a Tnetics 6665 from Jack last year. My only option was the "S" cover. I was unaware....
Joe

The real S has 8 bolts. The other has 6 and isn't an S. It's 4" in 2.5" out though, its basically an E with the bigger inlet and outlet.

qws2000 said:
Brian, I just changed my converter to a NLU PTC 3400 stahl and the car spools up much better... You also said changing the cover on the TA66 would help getting more power out of the turbo?? If so do you have one??

It will support more power if the engine can use it. You need to change the backplate and cover. I don't have any but could get them,

The real S has 8 bolts. The other has 6 and isn't an S. It's 4" in 2.5" out though, its basically an E with the bigger inlet and outlet.

Ahh, Thanks

Wouldn't the T66 flow atleast as well or better then it's competitors...being the TA66/TE45a due to the bigger inlet? I would think atleast at high psi it would be more efficent? Brian, have you ever done a pressure ratio tests on the same engine with these turbo's? Thanks for all the info Brian.

Joe

The inlet doesn't matter. The diffuser and volute of the housing matters. Ive ran them all with the wastegate closed. I've gotten about 75lbs/min out if a 6680 with the large cover on a 9.3:1 stock stroke with really good heads and cam. I was never able to get over 27psi. On the dyno at 24psi the above engine made 687whp.