how fast, daily driver?

fast times

Ok guys heres your chance to spend someone elses money,this is the story, Im selling my 55 chevy, 454 ls6, ladderbar, dominator,400turbo reverse manual vb, caged , mini tubbed , full interior, 3900 lbs runs high 11s, we are having a baby, so I am buying a gn or tr to satisfy me and her know what I mean? Any way how fast can we go in 2003 and still be streetable, (air , tunes, idle), also is there a shop that you would recommend that could build this can start to finish, front to back, sorry about not wrenching on my own car but its better than a divorce and no cars (13 years on the 55 chevy , wifes had enough) . I will drive the stock buick almost anywhere that has a good rep. I live in southwestern Ontario Can, so I can drive to new york or mich drop off the car and come back later. High 10s would be amazing but mid 11s is great to if it means more reliability. Thanks for any responses in advance, fast times.

Just my 02

I would say right off the top of my head you can have a 100% family car that is quiet enough for mama and the new baby, that will run low 12's all day long. I'm talking smooth idle, cold A/C, the whole family thing. And I'll take it a step farther and say that you can probably get that for a whole lot less than you think. I live way down south, so I'm sure some of the Michigan guy's will chime in with a suggestion for a good shop. - BB
(P.S. If the car you're looking at has 100K on the clock or more, make sure to have the timing chain replaced soon)

High 11's are very easy to reach with only basic changes. A good dual exhaust kit and fresh air inlet system is good for at least a 10-15% increase in power and con be done for less than $400. From there it' s just a question of how fast can you afford to go. Also if you do the timing chain spend the extra money for a new oil pump pickup screen.

Wheres Ontario? ;)

Cottons Performance in Mass. USA can build you a nice car to meet your goals.

Call Jack Cotton and talk it over with him. :)

My guess is exhaust, injectors, chip, ported irons, bigger turbo, upgraded intercooler, downpipe, and a new GN would be a good start.

Race gas for the 11's and pump gas for mid to high 12's. Or alky. injection for high 11's and low 12's daily. :cool:

Wheels and drag radials of your choice. :)

Depending on octane (pump gas) would be rather easy.

Best I've been so far with my combo is 12.16@109 with a bad actuator (only making 19psi) and a crossover leak. - This was also on 275/50 BFG drag radials (1.665 60'). It will go faster with slicks.

It will go 11.8's on pump gas (94 octane), with a good launch.

Car weighs 3510 with me in it. The A/C isn't hooked up, but everything is still there. It's going back on as soon as I get the chance.

Canada

Where in Southwestern Canada do you live? There are a
number of Turbobuick owners here in Toronto. Many helpful/knowledgeable Turbo Buick owners and lovers. There is a GreatLakes/Canada section on this board or try www.turbobuicks.com and click the Toronto section.

Ravi

Christ, no wonder your wife's mad at you. Driving that monster around for the past 13 years, or should I say, no driving because you break windows driving down the street and never saw a gas station you didn't visit. You'll be able to go just as fast with a TR and nobody will even hear you coming. :p

A small Te-44 @ 23psi, 42.5 lb injectors, an exhaust, some tweaking and I went 11.90 with a stock, unrebulit motor with 160,000 miles. It's still my daily driver and gets driven 40-60 miles per day, but boy does it need a rest!

Pull up Aggressive Automotive in Michigan on the home page. I hear good stuff about them and I think that I'll be going to see Bruce myself.