How hard is it to change the intercooler scoop

cottonpicker14

I bought one from Carmotorsports about a year ago and never had a chance to install it.
Questions are
1. Has anyone installed the Carmotorsports intercooler duct/scoop and if so, did it match up to the factory one.

2. What is involved in changing it, what has to removed and how long did it take to install

Many thanks.

Attachments

• TTA-Intercooler-Duct-1-sm.jpg
    TTA-Intercooler-Duct-1-sm.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 102
  • TTA-Intercooler-Duct-3-sm.jpg
    TTA-Intercooler-Duct-3-sm.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 100
For the stocker......if I recall correctly - take off 12 phillips screws - 3 per side and she comes right off.

Need to have the car jacked up to slide it out the bottom easily.

I am almost certain that you have to take the front swaybay off to get the new style scoop on. Yes it matched up.

I got one from Carmotorsports, and yes it needs to come from top down so need to jack car up and the swaybar is in the way so needs lowering or removed.

There's philips screws ala round (top bottom left and right) some of them on the sides are a bit tight to get to but not that hard.

Take your time specially installing it as it's a bit tight and you don't wont to scratch the new scoop :)

I got one from Carmotorsports, and yes it needs to come from top down so need to jack car up and the swaybar is in the way so needs lowering or removed.

There's philips screws ala round (top bottom left and right) some of them on the sides are a bit tight to get to but not that hard.

Take your time specially installing it as it's a bit tight and you don't wont to scratch the new scoop :)

Jan, you say that it needs to come from the top down, I assume you mean it gets installed from on top of the engine as opposed to installing it from underneath ? If it gets installed from the hood side, does anything else have to be removed ?

Sorry yes removing the old one comes from top down (so you pull it out from underneath the car then the new one goes in the reverse order from underneath the car and push it up in place and install all the screws then the sway bar.

Sorry, my bad :D

intercooler scoop change.

I am doing just that + a Dutt neck intercooler now.
Sway bar didn't have to come out.It will slide out the bottom
with a little twist..Now would also be a good time to switch to a Duttwieller necked intercooler,or, take you existing cooler out and have it cleaned @ a radiator shop,which isn't too costly.