how loud are walbro fuel pumps

kneeshurt

just orderd a walbro now i'm hearing that they are loud. if you have one in your gn can you tell me just how loud they are thanks

I have a 340 and I can hear it prime before I start it, but not going down the road...now my exhaust on the other hand ;)
I wouldn't consider it a "race" pump that you can hear "whining".

I wasn't able to hear mine until I disconnected the door alarm. Can't hear it while driving & I still have the stock exhaust.

~JM~

I had a 340 on my Corvette and it was completely fine for me. I don't consider it loud at all.

Peter

hello; It's more like a humm and if you get out of the car when it's running you can here it. You can't here it in the car. After a while you'll get use to it and as long as it's normal I take the humm. But if had known I'd probably gone with another. I know it's known as a good pump.
IBBY

hello; It's more like a humm and if you get out of the car when it's running you can here it. You can't here it in the car. After a while you'll get use to it and as long as it's normal I take the humm. But if had known I'd probably gone with another. I know it's known as a good pump.
IBBY

I agree with above, except that I think I would buy another one. It has a humm to it outside of the car. Nothing really disturbing. If you want super quiet, 100% stock, then it is not for you. I actually like the sound. Sounds like it is workng:biggrin:

I have a 340 also, there is a constant hum when it running and you can definitely hear while it is priming for that brief sec. Or two. In would say,it is not deferential than and aftermarket suburban or silver ado truck fuel pump. It is a excellent pump.

I agree with above, except that I think I would buy another one. It has a humm to it outside of the car. Nothing really disturbing. If you want super quiet, 100% stock, then it is not for you. I actually like the sound. Sounds like it is workng:biggrin:
X2 I had some sediment pumped in my tank at a gas station one time, clogged the fuel sock. then you'll really hear it whine or scream!:eek:

I have a very quiet Borla exhaust on my car and can't hear my 340 unless I'm at the back of the car down by the tank. Wouldn't worry about the sound.

I just noticed that my walbro is pretty loud never noticed it till someone pointed it out. Kind of sounds like a door alarm but constant.