How many magazines are enough?

Frederickdav

I bought a used Walther CCP yesterday. Nice firearm! I was wondering one thing about it, why would anybody need/want seven magazines? I know new ones come with 2 but, the previous owner of this one bought five more! I checked the Walther website and these mags list for $42 each!

Listen to what this guy has to say. It is a real wake up call about why you should carry back up mags and his opinion about double stack ccw. IMO if I know I am going to a new place I've never been, that I don't know any of the area, multiple back up mags are a must, as well as a good knife and flash light. With regards to price per mag, you got to ask yourself, how much do you value your life or the life of your family/friends?
Buy the extra mags and carry at least 1, if you intend to defend yourself with this hand gun.

Watch this video.

It was not a trick question! I actually purchased this gun! The previous owner bought five additional mags. So, I got over $200 worth of additional equipment. Will I ever load up all seven mags and carry them? Probably not. But, one back up - most definately !

Number them & rotate through them to help prevent magazine spring fatigue.

Be careful that you don't chamber the top round repeatedly. May cause bullet set back & excessive ignition pressure.

Previous owner may have pre-loaded all mags prior to arriving at the range to reduce down time.

Number them & rotate through them to help prevent magazine spring fatigue.
Agreed , and mags can fail . My friend had a new M&P that would fail to feed after the first 3 shots , turns out the spring was heat treated improperly and was an issue with many mags . He called S&W to for assistance and he was basically brushed off until he told them it was his duty weapon . That's when the story changed to the heat treat problem and they would send him 2 new springs with I what believe was purple markings . His stock springs had yellow markings .
Remember with lots of use mags wear out and some guns are picky about mags . I only have 4 for my Glock , but that gun eats everything .

Mags also require a regular cleaning schedule. You would be surprised at how dirty the inside can become.

Thanks for the replies, valuable information in all. I like the idea of numbering the mags and rotating them. That makes sense!