How Much Boost On Alky

stagemonster

R.C. entourage
I Curently Run My Car On C-16 I Want To Start To Drive It On The Street More Often So An Alky Kit Seems To Be A Good Option To Make It More Affordable To Do So. I Curently Have A Red Armstrong Chip That Works For 112 Octane Or Better And 24 + Lbs Of Boost Can I Use This Chip With Alky And Pump Gas. The C-16 Is 10.00 A Gallon And Iam Tired Of Paying That Much For Fuel . Any Input Would Be Great . Oh Yea Sometimes At The Track I Take The Car Up To 30 Lbs Of Boost .
Thanks Jason

I've ran as much as 28psi with no trouble. Never tried any higher. BUT, the chip you have probably has WAY to much timing. I'd get Razor's alky and a chip from Eric Marshall. They work very well together.

i run 26-28 psi no knock have hit 30 psi w/1.9 knock .no need for c16 anymore .i run straight methanol .but use good upper cylinder lube stuff is very corrosive .start at 22 psi cuz every car is diff and go up from there .i want to know what boost could be ran with 110 and meth??? anyone know ???and i agree w/ streetknight you need good alky chip mine is turbotweak he is great and has great cust service .but turbotweak is the man

I have run as high as 30 psi with my chip from Eric M. and did not see much more than 3 degrees of KR. In order to do this the timing needs to be right. I typically run 28 in first, 26 in second, and 19 in high gear. The TTA's for some strange reason do not like or take a whole bunch of timing...Good luck!

stagemonster said:
I Curently Run My Car On C-16 I Want To Start To Drive It On The Street More Often So An Alky Kit Seems To Be A Good Option To Make It More Affordable To Do So. I Curently Have A Red Armstrong Chip That Works For 112 Octane Or Better And 24 + Lbs Of Boost Can I Use This Chip With Alky And Pump Gas.

Get Razor's Alky kit, and a current tech chip, like one of Eric's (Turbotweak)or Bob Bailey's (Fullthrottle).