You can type here any text you want

How much boost with 93 oct.(no alky)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
How much boost is everybody running with 93 octane ?

I run 17-18 psi and start to get KR at 18psi so I back it off a pound. combo in sig.:)

Why don't you try to see if it's real or not. Throw in some Xylene 2 gallons to a half tank of 93 and see how much boost you can run. It'll tell you if the combo is that octane sensitive. It's kind of a loaded question, different setups have different octane requirements.

No data to back it up, but i feel the TTA's are a little more octane sensitive because of the airflow through the IC. I haven't tried it yet, but am looking at two things. 1st I am gonna throw on a 10" pull type electric fan on the backside of the IC and remove the crank fan to see if the inlet charge drops(requires me to put a temp sensor in the up pipe, but shoudn't be bad). The other is to contact ATI for their twin IC setup. I'll cut out the valance panels in front of each wheel and put the IC's there angled down with air dams. There is a guy in AZ that put it on his SC third gen to help with cooling. He said the cooling p[roblems are fixed however without real world temperature data from the two setus it's hard to say..........

HTH!

With the Thrasher 92, I could go a max of 17 without getting some sort of retard. With alky it goes 23 with no retard.

I know its real. zylene run told me so. I just installed PP and havent had a chance to tune with it yet. Hoping to be able to turn boost up a bit.

How do you Quote someone in your reply Im not catching on to this???

I can run 14-15 with 91 oct and start to get KR but I also have a high timing chip (24+*)

Did you do any testing on that PP yet?

I just installed mine a few days ago and havent had time.

Originally posted by Two Lane
============================================

Just click the "Quote" button on the lower right-hand side of the
post from which you wish to quote.

HTH :)

Got Ya! thanks Two Lane:D

I see you got your vacuum thingy fixed..

See if you run the car a little rich you can get away with a little more boost than trying to lean it out..In other words if you add a pound or two of FP..then you can run a little higher boost..but it comes at a tradeoff..whereas you wont make any power when the car is rich.

Ideally you want to see 760-780 for O2's at the 1320 foot mark..but getting the car to run this may require a little less boost.To lean it out and make the power..boost doesnt always =power..tune :)

Another thing is engine tune,engine temp,outside air temps,carbon deposits,oil in IC and intake,injector flow,timing,plug gap,turbo,etc.... All these affect knock..see wa I mean :)

I've hit 28lbs on alky with zero detonation..currently at 23-25 with zero on the thrasher chip..

If you were to build a turbo motor with zero deck height to quench the intake charge..it makes it almost impossible to detonate.Our pistons sit way low inside the block..but this is another topic :D

see ya at the track..And I hope your running a scantool..

Keep an eye on knock..or you'll be sorry ...

Julio,whats up?
Ken and I got it all together and she is running good!

Lots of info from you all the time:D
I do have a SM2 (first thing I bought) But I would like to get DS or T-Link to go with it.

I am getting alky soon and just wanted to tune for it before hand.

I might do a blast or two at the track so lemme know when your going again.;)

Bo

Back