You can type here any text you want

How much boost with stock turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TomG

How much boost can I run with a stock turbo? My TA49 took a crap. I have 50 MSD inj. 3"SSTHDP, Trans+, LS1 MAF, XP Pluc FP, Hot wire kit, TT chip, Orange strip Conv., Razor progressive Alky kit.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

26 # on race gas C16

with C16 race gas I would run 26# with my stock turbo so with the alky kit you should be able to run the same and maybe a lil more. If you have a scan tool you should be fine I was tunning it be ear back then.

Just keep adding fuel and boost until you don't go any faster.

Hope this helps
If it goes boom you went too far

BOOSTBROTHER

Im on an electronic boost controller w/ext wastegate and I can't get more than 21psi... You sure you have a stock turbo? Anyone else ever see more than 21-22psi on a stock turbo?

I used to run mine up to 22-23psi on race gas. Back in the day...stock chip, downpipe. The only mods was adjustable wastegate, bosch fuel pump and external fuel reg to up the pressure and HKS boost controller, oh yeah I cut a hole in the stock downpipe to spool it faster.

Sounds reasonable, but if you had tried would it have run more? I mean my knob is maxed out, I can even go and disconnect the ext WG and I will still only see 22 or so...and its a 13psi minimum spring in there.

Sounds reasonable, but if you had tried would it have run more? I mean my knob is maxed out, I can even go and disconnect the ext WG and I will still only see 22 or so...and its a 13psi minimum spring in there.

Yeah, it would go higher. Accidentally saw 25 psi, that freaked me out though, cause I didn't have a scan tool back then. I was in college and didn't have the cash to fix it if things went Ka-boom. So I kept it at around 22 on race gas and 20-21 on pump gas and octane booster. They would probably go to the moon if you had the right wastegate actuator that would hold the door closed long enough, but that's going to be some super hot whipped up air.

Back