You can type here any text you want

How much HP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rosewood T-Type

I have a 4.1 stage 1 how much HP with a stock crank,rods,& JE pistons.
Whats it capable of?
i'll be going to a webber kit after this season just curious how much it will take in current config.
Thanks in advance. By the way great board i'm glad i found it.

Don't run the stock junk crank in that good block please.
If you do take it easy.

this motor has already run 6.50@108 it was built by dutt about 5 yrs ago.i've checked bearings no wear at all. the stock crank will have to do till the end of the season. no choice no money.

i've been 138 with this block in current config no knock. I had a terible 60 so i only ran 10.36 w/ 1.7 60. car weighs 3450 w/driver.
i bought this from a local atl guy who got it from a guy in NY i'm not sure of his name. The local guy is a good friend so i'm sure of the origin of this motor. it was a custom build by dutt for guy in NY.
I really have no intention of pounding on this combo this year.
we have a lot of 7.0 races around here and thats really my plan for this year.
I've upgraded to F.A.S.T and a GTQ 76 i'm hoping i can run 7.0 on about 15#'s
I will definitely by going forged crank next winter like i said no money.

7.0 in the 1/8th? You should be able to do that forever. That's like a low 11 sec run. I do that all the time on an untouched longblock 109. No problem, unless I'm missing something here?

Rosewood T-Type said:
i've been 138 with this block in current config no knock. I had a terible 60 so i only ran 10.36 w/ 1.7 60. car weighs 3450 w/driver.
i bought this from a local atl guy who got it from a guy in NY i'm not sure of his name. The local guy is a good friend so i'm sure of the origin of this motor. it was a custom build by dutt for guy in NY.
I really have no intention of pounding on this combo this year.
we have a lot of 7.0 races around here and thats really my plan for this year.
I've upgraded to F.A.S.T and a GTQ 76 i'm hoping i can run 7.0 on about 15#'s
I will definitely by going forged crank next winter like i said no money.

----

I am pretty sure this motor was purchased from Michael Fell.
With a Mitsibishi Turbo and around 10PSI it has gone 10.0s
It has been in the 9s I am pretty sure.
Good luck as long as you play it safe you should be ok.

Was Michael in NY? if so do you have a way of getting in contact with him so i can get more info on specs. nobody seems to know what cam it has in it.

Thanks John I sent him an e-mail just waiting to hear back. I'll post again if i get any more info.

thanks again,

Doug

No problem Doug, just trying to help a buick brother out!

If you are able to locate the issue of GM High Tech Performance that has Red Armstrong's wife's Turbo-T in it you will see that Red has her car making something like 700-RWHP/1000-RWTQ with a Stage I block if I remember correctly. Hope this helps.

Jim C.

Back