You can type here any text you want

How much is it worth? 87 GN, One Family-Owned

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mountain GN

No, it doesn't have a V8.
I'm thinking about selling or trading our 87 GN. Here are the details:

Purchased new in June 1987 by my father, and went to me when he passed in 2006.
Hardtop
149,000 miles
Matching numbers,and the motor has never been opened other than the front cover.
No accidents, so body is straight, but it does have some door dings.
No rust but paint is bad (checking on the hood, lots of scratches here and there).
Seats have been covered since 1987, so they're perfect. Headliner is a little soft but not sagging.
Carpet is good, except for some wear in the driver's foot well.
All trim is present except for "3.8 SFI Turbo" emblems, which fell off some years ago.
Pretty much has most of the usual GN options EXCEPT: Rear defrost, power seat, twilight sentinel.

I've added the following upgrades to the car:
Poston GNX-style cluster (VDO MPH, Tach, and fuel, rest are Autometer UltraLite). Needs a matching bezel, as the stuck one was "cut" to match.
Autometer Boost Gauge (pillar pod)
Casper's Knock Gauge (pillar pod)
ScanMaster 2.0
BstC Electronic Boost Commander
Pyle DVD Car Stereo with Bluetooth
Remote Keyless 2-way anti-theft system
TE-44
50 lb MSD injectors
Akly Control Progressive System
TurboTweak Alky Chip
LS1 MAF w/MAFT
K&N 9" Cone
Hooker Catback exhaust
B&M 28,000 GVWR Trans Cooler
Autometer Trans Temp Gauge
MSD ignition wires
New coilpack
New ignition module
Billet Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
New (4k miles ago) double-roller timing set
New HV oil pump
New water pump
Bleeder Boost Valve
Adjustable boost actuator rod
New radiator (4 years ago)
Walbro 340 fuel pump with hot wire
Dedicated turbo oil filter
Valve Cover breathers
Vacuum brake conversion
Full body mount kit.
GNX trunk bracing
Boxed rear control arms
Front body bracing
New wheel bearings

Car runs great and is driven daily. Mobil 1 oil used since break-in. No oil leaks on the gound, but I do find some oil near the turbo and oil cooler fittings. It seems to use a quart every 1800 miles or so. Trans still shifts hard and does not slip.

Any idea what the value would be?

Yeah right in that ball park.

If you wish to sell the car please post an ad sometime when you get a chance. I will probably move your thread to the lounge so you get more lookers.

Ty

You will get a bit more if not sold on the boards as guys are very picky being previous owners etc. Put it on e-bay with a reserve & see what you get??

You will get a bit more if not sold on the boards as guys are very picky being previous owners etc. Put it on e-bay with a reserve & see what you get??

Thanks for the advice!

I've looked on eBay and the GNs there are all over the board, price-wise. I figured I'd check with the experts here, first.

Since I'm looking for something to drive everyday, I figured I might be able to get a little more value if I trade someone for their car.

Thanks for the advice!

I've looked on eBay and the GNs there are all over the board, price-wise. I figured I'd check with the experts here, first.

Since I'm looking for something to drive everyday, I figured I might be able to get a little more value if I trade someone for their car.

If you were on the east coast I would love to try to trade!

Good luck!

Back