You can type here any text you want

how much is the stock intercooler hurting me?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

prrfectlaunch86

mods are in sig, however i just installed a new TE-44 turbo from precision and was wondering how much the stock intercooler is hurting my performance? i just dont have to funds right now to buy an upgraded one. If i could find a dut neck welded one for sale id ballover it.

Nick

mods are in sig, however i just installed a new TE-44 turbo from precision and was wondering how much the stock intercooler is hurting my performance? i just dont have to funds right now to buy an upgraded one. If i could find a dut neck welded one for sale id ballover it.

Nick

Ive personally seen a full weight street driven GN run 11.30s at 118mph with a TE-44, 2800 stall 12" convertor, and Razor's alky with a ported stock non-Dutt neck IC.

Take that for what its worth.

you have serious issues

ha ha ha that's funny:biggrin:

Yeah you might "ball" over it in a sense. I bought one that "worked great" Got it and the neck is so far off it can't even be installed. Yeah works real great as a paperweight. Buy the neck and have someone competent put it on for you and be done with it. Now I'm sittin here with an IC that can't be used til it's fixed $$$$$$$$$$$$$$! I'm so upset I'm gonna kick the cat.
Rant over

If you plan on on alky injection I would stick with the duttneck mod. But what do I know, my car sits almost as much as jdpolzin's;) I'm going off research on my suggestion

Ive personally seen a full weight street driven GN run 11.30s at 118mph with a TE-44, 2800 stall 12" convertor, and Razor's alky with a ported stock non-Dutt neck IC.

Take that for what its worth.

what was the outside temp during this run?

ive ran a best of 11.23 w/ a dutt neck stock intercooler. I think i am about at my limit.

I went 10.80@124 with a Dutt neck IC. Have trapped at 125 a few times as well. You can go fast on them but they are still a restriction. I would upgrade if I could. But not many options on a TTA.

Take it off and see how much, it sucks. If I were still running gas I'd run triple 10gph nozzles of Meth through a 225psi pump and use the Meth as the intercooler. You'd gain back about 6psi of backpressure and the spool up would be better too all while saving $$ from an FMIC upgrade.

I meant 3 nozzles but two at 15gph and one at 10gph. It works, I do it.

Back