How much r12 is needed ?

its fine blowing 38/40 degrees ,got my compressor , new lines and low pressure switch from glenn at highway stars, got my evaporator from kirbans like their black factory looking one, and do your self a favor and get a red office tube for a 95 f150 drops temps 3-4 degrees
make sure they use ester oil and not pag

cars no fun with the ac on though :rolleyes:

cars no fun with the ac on though :rolleyes:

The 4Seasons compressor is magic.
I had to reduce the idle compensation for the A/C on because that compressor is so efficient it doesn't punch the motor in the face when it clutches in.

The 4Seasons compressor is magic.
I had to reduce the idle compensation for the A/C on because that compressor is so efficient it doesn't punch the motor in the face when it clutches in.
nice, I like to think im retaining a stock looking care but its starting to get out of control lol

So if I go with 134 are there any parts I should change out ?

To do it right, you replace the drier, condenser, orifice tube, and the compressor, flush the lines, and draw a big vacuum for a long period of time.

You can get it done with the orifice tube, drier, and a good system flush.
But the replacement condenser and replacement compressors are far superior to the factory parts.

the evaporator definitely , your lines are probably 32 years old with this age they begin to slowly weep out through the rubber
compressor is a wise choice, I did not do the condenser core bc of cost and the cheap ones are crap ,
that is why unless you replace ever component of the system to use ester oil in conversion because it will mix with any traces of mineral oil left from r-12,

sounds like that 4 seasons is the ticket unless your a freak like me who prefers NOS or ac Delco stuff

Ok so pretty much any aftermarket part, rock auto usually carries several brands or should I try to find delco

My discussions over the last 20 years with the A/C shop that recharged my system with R12 until they ran out was ignore all brands but 4Seasons for our compressor.

It's just the best at the present time. Reliable. Quiet. Efficient.

Cool. I’m on rock auto now looking parts up, they owe me a credit for a hydrobooster I just returned.

you sure you don't want to try the redtek first , might get you through one more summer lol
30 bucks vs $$$
its all about the dead presidents