How much r12 is needed ?

you sure you don't want to try the redtek first , might get you through one more summer lol
30 bucks vs $$$
its all about the dead presidents

I’m thinking I’m gonna need it to go to the shop for a leak test and evac so I may as well have them charge it. I was gonna buy the gauges and play aroun with it but I really don’t have the time.

the 80 dollar one I bought from advanced showed up with all kinds of messed up fins and looked like a cheap piece of crap brazed toughener with coat hangers so I took it back and re used mine
un sure on brands , I would say a quality unit would be around 2-3 hundred bucks maybe a GM replacement

Hopefully my stock one is still good, when I pulled the engine it still had a little charge left in the system. Scared the shit out of me.

maybe denso or ac Delco, think the Delco one was just under 200 bucks when I was looking last year
try parts geek

Hopefully my stock one is still good, when I pulled the engine it still had a little charge left in the system. Scared the shit out of me.
glen at highways stars use to carry direct replacement ac delcos he might know where to get a quality condenser
he also carried the black powder coated lines

Highway stars wants $400 for the condenser, if that’s what it has to be to get this right then that’s what it is but I would prefer not to pay that much.

yes, thats in the ball park little cheaper down here in the south , stuff always cost more up north lol, it needs to be on a vacuum for at least an hour

Ordered the compressor kit form Rock Auto, it came with compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube but i will also pick up the suggested Ford tube.

What do you mean by this ?

The ECM raises the idle RPM to keep it from stalling when the A/C compressor comes on.
The 4Seasons doesn't hit the engine as hard as the original, so the idle up in my ECM was too much. When the A/C compressor kicked on, the engine would flare 150rpm. I have a standalone, so I was able to tune it out.

Thought about that just never did it before and didn’t wanna screw it up. Guess if it doesn’t work now what do I got to loose right ?

plenty of great videos on how to properly charge/ flush/ and work on automotive ac systems
like anything else experience is the key , buy have to start somewhere , or let the experienced do it for you

I might see if I can rent a gauge set and give it a try. Any of you guys local to metro Detroit ?

If I were to do it myself and wanted to stay r12 would I need any fittings to adapt the r12 to the new gauge set ? I’m just assuming the new gauges are meant to work with r134

Hi,
I know that I’m new here but some of y’all helped me with both my WE4 that I owned since it was new as well as the 2nd WE4 that I bought to daily drive. So anyway if anyone needs any “help” buying R-12 from eBay or amazon (I know a lot of sellers will just sell it to anyone but this is against the law). If you find a good deal on a few cans of r-12 and the seller asks for epa documentation if you message me and we have a conversation so that I know you know how what you are doing. You can use my name and epa number on eBay the seller can sell it to you if you don’t have epa 609 certification you can still purchase it as long as you list your epa certified mechanic and their epa number. I’ve never actually put my certification on the line like this before and I hope that it doesn’t get me In trouble. But so many of y’all stepped in to help me fix my car on here. Even tho I can get in a lot of trouble, if we talk and I feel that you know what you’re doing I’ll help you buy the R-12.

But the last 6 cams I bought from eBay from the early 90s the seller posted up a the whole disclaimer about how he won’t ship it to you without your or your mechanic’s epa number. But I was never asked for my epa 609 certification buying any cans of cfc-12. So you should be ok. But I’m just offering to help you guys/girls since so many of y’all stepped up to help me. I just wanted to return the favor. Anyone who sells CFC-12 to a civilian without a epa 609 or ase r-12 certification is breaking the law and violating eBay rules. That buying it to re sell it is to an epa tech is bs. But some sellers hide behind that. But the last seminar I went to in November they spoke about online sales of leftover 80s cans of CFC 12 and how dangerous it is especially shipping it priority and it going on a flight. Some of the cans are rusted to the point of the can about to blow a hole in it. So please be careful. But CFC-12 is definitely the best refrigerant for this car. The 134a conversion doesn’t work well on g body cars in my opinion.

If I were to do it myself and wanted to stay r12 would I need any fittings to adapt the r12 to the new gauge set ? I’m just assuming the new gauges are meant to work with r134
yes you need adapter fitting for gauges for the r-12 I posted a bunch of stuff for another guy on here