How much timming are you running....

flowerpower

I was wondering how much timming you guys pull or put in to your chips..

I've was playing with the timming yesterday with my TT chip..... I'm running a TE60 with an orange stripe.....I'm having problems getting it to spool from the start with the trans brake..at 1st I tryed to get the alky chip to go in to the adj mode then I rembered that I got that chip just before Eric put that into the chip...:redface:...."got to send it back" .So I put the 94 street in and played with the timming and fule in 1st....

I cant rember off hand how much but it was like 3 down in timming & 3up in gas....no knock and spooled a little better.... but had to stop playing

BTW its a stage right trans brake so should I adjs 2 gear more then?

I was wondering how much timming you guys pull or put in to your chips..

I've was playing with the timming yesterday with my TT chip..... I'm running a TE60 with an orange stripe.....I'm having problems getting it to spool from the start with the trans brake..at 1st I tryed to get the alky chip to go in to the adj mode then I rembered that I got that chip just before Eric put that into the chip...:redface:...."got to send it back" .So I put the 94 street in and played with the timming and fule in 1st....

I cant rember off hand how much but it was like 3 down in timming & 3up in gas....no knock and spooled a little better.... but had to stop playing

BTW its a stage right trans brake so should I adjs 2 gear more then?
same turbo i run 25 psi 27/24 timing 3% pulled in first but remember every car is different

I was looking for someone to jump in with the same turbo....I just looking for a good start...ya know..

Im still tunning, im afraid to mess with it, for fear ill break something:eek:. I have had timing 26/24 once, but i think i need to do fuel first 860s all the way thru, unless its 54 degress outside. Can you turn the alky up to when the pump max out to lean O2s.

Im still tunning, im afraid to mess with it, for fear ill break something:eek:. I have had timing 26/24 once, but i think i need to do fuel first 860s all the way thru, unless its 54 degress outside. Can you turn the alky up to when the pump max out to lean O2s.
no just start pulling fuel

Thats a bad idea, if your running it that rich at 860 all the way thru, you will get rich knock.

I would just start with the base settings in the chip, increase the boost to 22-23 psi, work on a few more degrees down low and then bump the high gear timing up 1° at a time, if the car doesnt pick up any at the track, then there is no reason to run more timing.

Somewhere you will find a brick wall when tuning and thats about all your going to get out of it unless you change something, or somethings not working correctly.

BW

Hadnt been getting any knock, but im having trouble controlling boost, how much can i put on the rod, before using the manuel knob?

I run 22 on timing. Good on the street and track. Timing can be a HUGE help in tuning the car. If you are having boost spike issues, porting the WG might help. Other than that, you may need to invest in a controller like RJC.

Ive move timing in 1st gear, but im affraid to add any to 3rd, but i think my car needs it will try when i add 110 oct.