How often are you (E85)guys cleaning your injectors?

In the few years we have used e-85, in my cars a lot of local owners use an additive, either Stabil 360 or Driven from Joe Gibbs.

I did a lot of research into e-85 use, and discussed in person the potential issues about the us and care of e-85 with the tech reps from each of those companies.

Without getting into a detailed technical discussion, one important factor with e-85 and gasoline, there is an additive used by all that allows proper integration and blending of gasoline and alcohol. This is an expensive chemical that is added to the blend at the refinery, and more of this ingredient, and other chemicals are used in both aftermarket additives for protection especially from water.

For me, I use an additive in my e-85 cars at every fill up we have yes to see any build-up on injectors?

Nick,

Which additive do you use?

=Eric

I belive nick is still using stabil 360.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Update,
I see that I do,in fact,have a thin layer of an opaque greasy film on the nozzle ends of my injector bodies. I noticed it during re-assembly. I'm now using stabil 360 and will report findings in a few months. I didn't clean the film away because I want to see if the additive will remove it.

Update,
I see that I do,in fact,have a thin layer of an opaque greasy film on the nozzle ends of my injector bodies. I noticed it during re-assembly. I'm now using stabil 360 and will report findings in a few months. I didn't clean the film away because I want to see if the additive will remove it.
Do you use PCV or no PCV?

Update,

I installed this catch can because I was getting a good amount of oil into the intake. Look at the cup. When I did my HG I notice a carbon build up, now to fast forward ...that amount of oil going into the combustion chamber was the build up. I will bet this is the issue is passing oil into an E85 mixture causing the substance. I ran a tank of 93 through, and nothing anymore.

Attachments

• 20160812_093422_resized.jpg
    20160812_093422_resized.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 20160804_091458_resized.jpg
    20160804_091458_resized.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 20160812_093430_resized.jpg
    20160812_093430_resized.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 256
I installed this catch can because I was getting a good amount of oil into the intake. Look at the cup. When I did my HG I notice a carbon build up, now to fast forward ...that amount of oil going into the combustion chamber was the build up. I will bet this is the issue is passing oil into an E85 mixture causing the substance. I ran a tank of 93 through, and nothing anymore.
My intake is dry because I don't run a PCV. It was extremely oily when I was getting a lot of goo,but I fixed the problem that was letting great amounts of oil into the intake.There is no doubt that oil and E85 mixing is a problem. What I get now is an almost unnoticeable opaque film while my intake is as dry as a desert. We will see if using Stabil 360 gets rid of it.

My intake is dry because I don't run a PCV. It was extremely oily when I was getting a lot of goo,but I fixed the problem that was letting great amounts of oil into the intake.There is no doubt that oil and E85 mixing is a problem. What I get now is an almost unnoticeable opaque film while my intake is as dry as a desert. We will see if using Stabil 360 gets rid of it.
would be good to see this film

would be good to see this film
It's back together now. It was very easily missed because it wasn't dark or there wasn't a lot of it. If anything,it had a white hue. There was also a noticeable stickiness in the intake ports. If it is gone the next time I remove the injectors,we'll know that it was the E85 and we'll know that the Stabil 360,not only,protects against this,but removes it.

I think Ill take some e85 and let it dry up in a container. I bet it leaves the same residue. It has alcohol, and corn, etc...

I think Ill take some e85 and let it dry up in a container. I bet it leaves the same residue. .
I found a very small amount of seepage at one of my fuel line connections when I changed my fuel filter. It was only enough to leave a stain on the fuel line and not wet at all. It had the exact same stickiness as my intake ports. I noticed the same stickiness on the outside of my Stabil 360 bottle where the product had run down the side of the bottle. I have not yet removed my injectors to see what they look like since I've been using Stabil 360.

I didn't reach out to Full Throttle Speed to find out. I wonder if they keep records? All of the cars are running well though.