You can type here any text you want

How rara is a car with factory radio delete.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trophystock

I just picked up a T type off ebay out of florida and it has only a few options. They are the motor/tranny/t package, air, tinted glass, posi, and cruise control. It does not have a am radio and has a radio delete credit on the original window sticker!! How rare is this and does anybody know how many of these things are out there?

I think they are fairly rare. A budy of mine has a T without a radio along with 60/40 bech seat and column shift. He says its very rare which is why he bought it.:confused:

My low milage car also came with the radio delete from factory. There is just a GM blocking plate no speakers, or wires run. The car was originally purchased for racing in the stock class. Low options, very light.

Units ordered specifically for law enforcement (FBI) use had the radio deleted as well. It's quite rare.

I Just bought a 1987 Grand national fully loaded with the Twilight Sentenial,T-tops, PW-Seat,PW-Trunk,Posi,PW-Windows,PW-Locks,Cruise,AC and Radio-delete.
I Have seen a few Turbo-t's with the Radio delete but not Fully loaded like my GN. I haven't seen any 87 GN's with the radio delete. Never mind loaded with it. This has to be pretty rare. If anyone has seen one like mine please reply.

Thanks, TTypeman

Sorry to cut in here but you mean to tell from the factory you could ask for no raido with it, and what is twilgith sentinal mean? i had no idea you could do that lol

My 87 GN has Radio Delete, Power Antenna, manual windows, manual door locks. I ordered it that way.:D

wow, extremly rare. Im sure the original owner was gonna put in an aftermarket radio and saved the $$ and special ordered it sans radio.

Originally posted by ttypeman
I Just bought a 1987 Grand national fully loaded with the Twilight Sentenial,T-tops, PW-Seat,PW-Trunk,Posi,PW-Windows,PW-Locks,Cruise,AC and Radio-delete.
I Have seen a few Turbo-t's with the Radio delete but not Fully loaded like my GN. I haven't seen any 87 GN's with the radio delete. Never mind loaded with it. This has to be pretty rare. If anyone has seen one like mine please reply.

Thanks, TTypeman

list the codes under the trunk, be sure it really was no radio from the factory

good luck with the new car

Originally posted by ttypeman

Thanks, TTypeman
I heard some ordered their GN's the way yours is so the new owner could install an aftermarket system and not have to mess with the stock radio. In fact, I read where some were ordered like yours with the radio delete BUT with a power antenna.

I special ordered my drk blue 'T' with the radio delete and factory moon roof. The car has long since been gone. Wished I would have kept it,but something about that black.

My '87 GN is also a radio delete. The only significant options are air and power windows. No tilt, etc... I'm still looking for a radio delete plate for it.

Back