How rare is this option package

nickygn23

I went on ebay and guys selling their Nationals say " I have the rare Digital Dash or they have a rare Astro roof ". Well, My National Has The Astro roof ,digital Dash and has twilight sentinel . Does anybody know the actual production #s for this package. I looked through all my books and I have a few.... but came up with nothing. Curious to know how rare my option package is.
Any help would be appreciated .

Attachments

• 20130901_134838.jpg
    20130901_134838.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 213
  • 20130901_134842.jpg
    20130901_134842.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 217
I have the same car. Astroroof, digi dash, twilight, and concert sound. 87. I've heard the same but I've run across quite a few.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's probably not very common, as TR's that were CF5 optioned were significantly much lower than the t-top optioned TR's numbers were alone. There were alot more analog dash TR's than digital dash optioned TR's. The twilight sentinel option wasn't fairly common either, although they made a few across the regal board with the sentinel option. As for exact numbers, i couldn't tell you how many TR's rolled off the assembly line with the CF5, twilight sentinel and the digital dash together. I'd definitely say under 1,000 from 84 to 87 came that way off the assembly line as an estimate, so it's a rare combo for sure.

Somebody told me 800. But not sure where those numbers came from.

I figured it'd be somewhere between 300 and under 1000, not near as many on the road though these days with that combo. Alot of TR's have gone away in the last 27 to 31 years. You could get just about whatever in '87 option wise, so hard telling how many y56 307 v8 Regals might of gotten some of the CF5, digital dash, twilight sentinel options with or without concert sound II in the mix besides the TR's.

Mine is an 86 with those same options. I have been told over the years that they amounted to 10% of total GN production that year so that would amount about a total of slightly more than 500, since GN production that year was 5,512, or so.

I really wanted ttops but three astroroof gives the same feel with Less work. I just wish the turbo gauge worked on my dash

Thank you guys for all the info. This is why I love TurboBuick.com. This site is a valuable resource for TR people like us. A great bunch of folks with knowledge to spare.
Thanks again

Attachments

• 20130901_134941.jpg
    20130901_134941.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 165
Mine is an 86 with those same options. I have been told over the years that they amounted to 10% of total GN production that year so that would amount about a total of slightly more than 500, since GN production that year was 5,512, or so.

awe dam. Very nice. 2 options I always wanted was cf5 which I have now and twilight option. I really wanted an 86 also but the needle in haystack thing was kicking my butt and I was getting tr fever. As far as I know buick didn't keep productions #s/breakdowns so it's tough to say. It's definitely a rare combo. Just remember in 87 there were 20000 made, but just how many do you really see?!? It would be nice if we did have # breakdown.

My 87 GN has the digital dash , twilight sentinel, power drivers seat, and a dealer Moonroof. Also tilt, cruise, delay wipers, rear defrost, remote right hand mirror, power antenna, power trunk, factory alarm, as well as power windows and locks
I wish it was a factory astroroof though...

Bryan

My CF5 GN is goofy for an option that it doesn't have; cruise control. Who would order one that way? :wacky:

My 87 T has the CF5 & has the cruise control option, but the cruise hasn't worked since i have had the car. The cruise lights up on the dash, but it doesn't engage so my foot is the cruise control. One day will figure out what isn't functioning to have it work again.
Good question on who would of ordered one without cruise.

How does the factory alarm work? I have one. I think it may be broke.

Does anyone have the option codes for security and the different dash options? I have astro roof, power seat, twilight sent, rear defrost, cruise, power ant, remote mirror but the car came with an AVC dash so I don't know what dash it originally had?