You can type here any text you want

How to check and how much to pay for used slicks?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
How to check and how much to pay for used slicks?

I just found a few pairs of used slicks locally to me.
What do I look for when checking them?
How much is a good price for how much use left in them?
Example
10 runs left=$50.00 each???
20 runs left=$100.00 each???

There should be a series of holes in the surface. These are your thread depth holes. If they are still visible, they are ok to run. How many depends on how much you heat them up. I know some guys heat them up for 10 secs, some 20 secs. They are going to last a different time length depending on how they are treated. As for price, I have never considered paying more then 75 to 100 and size matters. I run 33x18x15 on my 62 and 29x12x15 on my 64. I only run new on the 62, but have run used on the 64.

Hope this helps a little,
Coach

There should be a series of holes in the surface. These are your thread depth holes. If they are still visible, they are ok to run. How many depends on how much you heat them up. I know some guys heat them up for 10 secs, some 20 secs. They are going to last a different time length depending on how they are treated. As for price, I have never considered paying more then 75 to 100 and size matters. I run 33x18x15 on my 62 and 29x12x15 on my 64. I only run new on the 62, but have run used on the 64.

Hope this helps a little,
Coach

thanks for the reply.

for the pair or each?

I would say for a pair. Most swap meets in the fall have a lot of used slicks. I do not know about the date codes.

Coach

Back