You can type here any text you want

how to get better throttle response?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well the good news your car is still running, but the bad news for an all stock un-molested engine that has that much mileage you need to start doing some stock parts replacement. Rear end seal from stock is rope and it will leak as well as the front seal which is located on the timing cover.
The stock timing chain cam sprocket has nylon gear and with temperature and age tooth will start to break off if it hasn't started already.
Read this: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/am-i-due-for-a-timing-chain.388837/#post-3137829
as this will give you some ideas of other members opinions on replacing timing chain. I wouldn't go WOT until you get the fuel system, timing chain replacement, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge to go with your Scanmaster. With these components this will give you a head start in tuning the engine without guessing and running into a lean condition.

while the car is idling get a friend with a long extension (or steel rod) and bonk it against the block. If the knock sensor is working you should see a crapload of knock for a short amount of time.
When I tested my knock sensor it would respond at idle, I had to go above idle, around 1,200 rpm's or so.

Back