You can type here any text you want

how to get better throttle response?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
IMG_20130126_161030.jpg
IMG_20130126_161013.jpg
IMG_20130126_161039.jpg
Here are a few pics under the hood

Stock regulator is causing the high idle blm most likely. More pressure from an adjustable regulator would bring the blm down. I'd get a new regulator before chasing vacuum leaks that may not be present. His BLMs weren't maxxed. Or maybe they are with a stock chip? idk.
it does have a stock chip don't know if it matters or not....

BLMs should be at 128 at idle. Your going to want to get rid of the stock chip and get an adjustable regulator.

How can I tell if it running to rich or lean w/ scan master? all this is definitely a learning curve for me.....

Take it for a spin where you can lay into the throttle hard enough to go WOT for a few seconds (max TPS and long enough for it go into PE mode). Don't switch settings on the Scanmaster - leave it at the default screen to display O2 values. While going WOT take a look at the numbers - but don't drive off the road. :eek: Values should be anywhere from 750 - 850. When you're done you can hit the recall button on the S.M. and see where it was during one of the recorded frames while going WOT. That will also tell you if it recorded any KR (right-most digits). The higher the O2 number, the richer it's running.

Take a few stabs and write down the #s and post them up.

You need to get rid of that stock chip before you go WOT again.

I'd test your knock sensor too if that .015 reading is correct.

The knock reading always stays at 0.0 ...... How can I test the knock sensor?

while the car is idling get a friend with a long extension (or steel rod) and bonk it against the block. If the knock sensor is working you should see a crapload of knock for a short amount of time.

Still dont see any knock...... Is there another way to test it?
If you're banging on the block and not showing knock retard you need to investigate the wiring or replace the knock sensor with a known good one. If you shotgun the sensor it has to be installed with no sealer and torqued to 14ft/#s.

DO NOT beat on your car with no knock reporting, stock chip, and low fuel pressure!!!!!

Glancing at the engine pics. The IC to uppipe hose looks jacked up and could be leaking.... I would replace them all.

Silicone intake systems for nnice silicone aftermarket hoses

and

nos4gn for stock replacement

You also might want to do a spring cleaning http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html
since looking at your engine it may still has the original hoses.
The IC hoses leading to the air flow pipe definitely needs to be replace since it looks like it's about to explode.
You might want to replace the 180* thermostat to 160* if you haven't done so already.
Definitely need to remove and clean the IC like the spring cleaning site describes.
Whats the mileage your on engine, and tranny?

Back