You can type here any text you want

How to hook up a carb...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
How do you take off and replace a carb? How bout a CCC carb? it seems easy enough but if you havent noticed... we have the "snake bay" of engines with all of the thousands of vacuum lines, and hoses.

Still waiting to get the compression check done....

If you have the tester in hand, what are you waiting on? it only takes 1 person and 15-20 mins if that. Perhaps 30-45min for you. Do you have a carb to switch too? removing the Edelbrock and adaptor is easy along with first removing the linkage and fuel inlet line.

it 4 bolts, some linkage, and taking off a fuel line. as for the vac llines if you cant remember where they go then take pics of what goes where. its a simple thing. and do that compression check.:biggrin::tongue:

thanks that did help, but after staring at my engine for awhile, and looking at the diagram, about 90 percent of the vacuum lines did not meet up:eek:. My s*its all in a dissaray. Im going to start by maybe capturing a few lines first.

Do you have a carb to switch too? removing the Edelbrock and adaptor is easy along with first removing the linkage and fuel inlet line.

Edelbrock? That's a pretty big change from stock that you might want to add to your signature. It makes a big differance in troubleshooting your car. I always assumed you had a somewhat stock '83 TR. An aftermarket carb changes many things and may explain why your car does run well if it wasn't done right.

What else isn't stock? Have you remove the ECM control altogether? Why did you go with the edlebrock carb?

Edelbrock? That's a pretty big change from stock that you might want to add to your signature. It makes a big differance in troubleshooting your car. I always assumed you had a somewhat stock '83 TR. An aftermarket carb changes many things and may explain why your car does run well if it wasn't done right.

What else isn't stock? Have you remove the ECM control altogether? Why did you go with the edlebrock carb?

i think he had a ebrock carb all along. 83turbo correct me if im wrong.

From what he's told us so far it's been cobled together Rich. An NA early distributor, Edlebrock carb, and God knows what else. I'm suprised it's still running at this point but he's been luck so far.

Yeah, that's the reason I left Vacuum lines out of my post completely. I know they are not right, no way with that Edelbrock carb. Do a compression test first!

Back