How To Launch At The Track?

Crying the poor mans game with a couple stage motors and dont have 60 bucks for a couple Felpro gaskets :eek:

Thats what I mean ;)

Crying the poor mans game with a couple stage motors and dont have 60 bucks for a couple Felpro gaskets

On the surface alot of what I said sounds like contradictions, but its really not. Right now my stocker is worth a few bucks to some one. If I mess it up then its a boat anchor and I'm out. As it sits my motor has 104k miles on it and still has the stock timing chain. So I needed a little more than just a gasket. So I have this little pile of stuff I was going to need: A pair of cometic head gaskets, pan gasket, timing cover gasket, arp head bolts, cam and lifters, timing chain, and a fresh set of ported heads. This cost me alot more than $60 and I was still going to be worried about grenading the motor. Then the power of higher thinking kicks in and you say "hey, maybe I should sell all this stuff while its still new or fresh, sell the short block while its still in one piece, and go straight into the stage motor that I've been collecting pieces for."
Basically I can't afford to get side tracked with the stock block stuff. Either buy putting any money into it or by spending the money on taking it out to play.
The reason for the extra stage stuff is that you can buy it cheaper when you buy mutiple pieces, extra pieces can then be sold or traded to other guys, which allows me to make a little money and save a little money all in one shot.
Last but not least is the fact that if the car was together it would be two years before this was done. Since its apart it makies it alot easier to figure out what and how I need to fabricate and what I need to modify.

Would you tell some one that was right in the middle of prepairing thier car for a custom paint job to have it painted by a cheapo shop so it would look better for now? The cheapo paint job may be cheap but in the long run it was a waste of time, money, and work.

Jason

Sure was nice taking my car for a drive over the bridge tonite and got to spank a Mustang in the process... while i'm driving.. your contemplating ;)

Lets see.. 2 HG's.. 60.00
cork oil pan gasket 7.00
stock timing chain autozone 20.00
ARP bolts.. big money 75.00
Belly pan gasket 20.00
oil, filter, ... 30.00 tops

Thats 200.00.. why all this cometic stuff.. aparantly it lasted 100K miles with the junk GM threw it together with :D

You surface heads.. an extra 60.00

260.00 and a weekend.

No need to do the cam.. you have a nice running stock motor that at 23-25 PSI will live a very long time..

Plus what do you think the motor is worth when its not even running with a blown HG and needing a chain? :rolleyes:

You dont want to admit it.. should of got it back up and running.. you'd be driving the car.. here.. there.. having some fun..

Its ok.. always a persons choice to do things theyre way. Me and Surej do agree.. its a waste to have it sit there like that.

Peace..

You dont want to admit it.. should of got it back up and running.. you'd be driving the car.. here.. there.. having some fun..

My car is finally being set up the way I want it to be. The chapter of messing around with the stock long block is over. You switched to a new car. Surej is going on his fifth motor in 2 years. I'm keeping my car, building my first motor for it, and setting it up the way I want it... if it takes six months or two years I don't care.

My goal is to be ready for the midwest challenge. If I take my car there I will race Surej but he has to give me the go because he has more money in his motor than I'll have in mine!

Jason

jason,

your car needs only 1 motor. build your motor and take your beating like a man.

you got a BIG motor in your car and your scared of lil ole me?

wise words to remember....cubic inches doesnt win races...cubic dollars does.

i think im gonna go armor all the slicks on THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION of 2003, 2004, and soon to be 2005.

Mid west challenge...kee hee..i can see the sweat dripping off your chrome dome already.

p.s. i didnt have 5 engines in 2 years.... i had 5 instruments of 100% whoopass. if your not breaking stuff, you're not going fast enough.

surej

Originally posted by DR BOOST
i had 5 instruments of 100% whoopass. if your not breaking stuff, you're not going fast enough.

surej

:D

What I don´t like is that everybody tells whomever how they should do, wheter they want to or not. Why don´t You just let him do what he like to, whithout giving him "only 20bucks here, it felt nice driving my car..."

Everyone told me that I should put new HG´s and be on the road again, or else my car wouldn´t see the streets in a couple of years. The only thing that I need right now is a modified oil pick-up, a nut and new hoses for the oilfeed.

I don´t feel sorry for this, even though I blew the gaskets 040704 and the car´s been sitting since. I don´t like cruising around, therefor I decided to do the complete enginework (and some more). The car will be nice, and I hope the next owner will like it as much as I guess I would.

Andreas.. its just that we like giving Postal a hard time.

There is a saying here in the US..

"The beatings shall continue till the morale improves"

:D

Toooo cold for me in Sweden ;)

I made a post on here about setting up my TTA with a twin turbo stage motor. I was shocked at the almost non existence of interest, curiosity, or support from the fellow TTA guys. I understand that stock long blocks, mild build ups, pump gas stuff and the like is easier for the average TTA guy to relate to. I don't understand that if a guy says he's putting a TE44 on his car 20 people will jump in and say thats cool. I post on here that I'm building a FULL stage 2 motor. The new crank shaft changes the plans but this is going to be:

275" stage 2 motor
3.59" stroker crank
6.5" Carrillo rods
9 to 1 J&E pistons
230/230 comp solid roller cam w/ .600" lift
Iskendarian roller lifters
crane roller rocker arms
Chapman ported stage 2 BMS heads
Titanium intake valves
stainless steel exhaust valves
3 stage dry sump oiling system
twin turbo chargers:
these are Turbonetics turbos that have basically a TE44 sized inducer with a TE63 sized exducer. These turbos usually run smaller turbine wheels but I ordered them with P-trim wheels and the ball bearing option.

Thats a pretty stout list ALL BY ITSELF, then you add this.
I'm going to fabricating my own headers and down pipes
I'm going to fabricate my own liquid IC
I'm going to convert a 4bbl intake to EFI
I'm going to be making all the little things inbetween to make this stuff work.

Guys should be rooting for me to go fast, rooting for me to blow it up, rooting for me to put it into the wall at 150 mph, rooting for me to crap my pants if it gets squirly on the big end. Hell I don't care which of the above applies, but it would be nice if some people said "good luck", "hell yes" or some damn thing like that. When you spend this much time planning, calculating, figuring, locating the parts, doing all the work, and spending the money (even watching a budget it isn't cheap) the last thing you want to here is you should slap the stocker back together.

This project is a full go and the list of parts I need is down to almost nothing. With luck this car will hit the track this summer or fall. Don't expect any 8 second runs because I won't push the car to that level. Look for 9.90's at a relatively low boost level. If the car goes 9.90 at a easy boost level, look for me to switch to pump gas and try it with that.

Jason

TT S2 TTA

I will say this,postals TTA will soon be the baddest TTA in the land and itll live.I can see why he doesnt want to **** with stock block stuff anymore....

That being said,if it were my car,id fix the HG's and lay the guts of that mofo out on a 9 second glory pass:D

Jason,you know were just all jealous of all those S2 parts youve got;)At least I am,I dont hate though,I congratulate even though I know ol Julio and Surej are just given ya ****.Were all buddies here.You,Julio,and Surej are all tops in my book:cool:

Need a kidney or lung for some S2 stuff?I dont smoke or drink much;)

If you want stage parts let me know. I have found a couple of stand up guys to deal with. They have been messing around with stage stuff for along time. They can set you up and you will be suprised what some of this stuff can be bought for. I'll have less money in a ported set of stage 2 heads than most guys pay for used ported iron heads.

Custom Venolia turbo pistons, with tool steel pins, pin fitment, and spirolocks are $482 straight out of Venolia. Get there number off thier site and call them up.

Nice stage blocks can be had for $1500 or less.

nice cranks can be bought for $400 to $1200. Stroker cranks will kill a budget and they're only worth about 14 cubic inches. So I say you run 2 more pounds of boost and forget it. I found 2 stroker cranks priced right and bought one for me and one for my nephew. If it wasn't for already having stroker crank pistons we would have bought different cranks. I paid $1755 shipped for a brand new 3.59" stroker crank and a used set of Carrillo 6.5" rods

Rods can be bought from $400 to $500, If you don't run a stroker crank you can buy 6.6XX" rods even cheaper because stroker guys cant use them.

so here you go:
venolia pistons $500
eagle crank $500
carillos $450
block $1500
BMS hub $50
J&W flywheel $200

$3200 and you have the major pieces of a stage short block. Thats with a brand new crank, piston and flywheel. Used parts are block, rods and balancer. This will be a STRONG 248" to 260" short block depending on the bore. Some guys are actually spending alot more than that on stock block stuff and I have to ask...... WHY?

Jason

Thanks Andreas, good luck with your project too. I think that things going to be a little faster than mine!

Jason

P.S: I think this threads been officially hi-jacked

Re: TT S2 TTA

Originally posted by broke1

That being said,if it were my car,id fix the HG's and lay the guts of that mofo out on a 9 second glory pass:D

Exactly my point ;)

my post on this thread makes 35 is this some kind of record?was this a hot topic that was never discussed before?

my post on this thread makes 35 is this some kind of record?was this a hot topic that was never discussed before?

More proof that stage motors dont have to cost a fortune. My buddy Mike just picked up a nice on-center short block set up for a real good price. Since I got into checking out and finding this stage stuff I now have 4 friends buying up stage stuff.

Jason

You guys are confusing the heck out me, what the hell is a Stage motor? I thought every time you blow a head gasket on a 109 block and keep upgrading things to hold it together is called STAGE process. Man I am totally lost, I thought I had a STAGE 5 motor (you know, 5 blown head gaskets with upgrades each time) Maybe it’s when you spend all the time and tons of money on a 109 block to get well into the tens to realize that you are too scared to run the car because it my blow up so you go to the next STAGE? Man every time I thought I had something figured out you guys come up with something crazy.

Now on a serious note, Postal is one my best buddies, I know you guys are just giving him s**t . I was very impressed on what he had accomplished with an untouched long block, I think he went deep into low low 11’s @ 122mph or so and make consistent passes to back it up and pulling a wheelie and all. There aren’t too many people on this board can say that at all. I know that he would have made that car go into the 10’s if things held up. There are people will say that they have done it too but you know how that works. I was there at the track to witness Jason’s runs. He made me a believer on so many things. Going back about 12 yrs, I was running around with 10sec parts on my GN but never even ran no where near as fast as Jason. Even these day cars with ported heads, intake, cam, caps all the best stuff struggles so hard get where Jason ran with his unopened motor.

The other thing is that 9 out of 10 people that put tons of money on a 109 block get into mid to low 10 are now yanking the built 109 block out and building a stage motor why is that? We are all speed junkies. I am doing the same thing as Jason, I did not put any money on beefing up my 109 block because I know when get to mid 10’s I will be scared when will the motor grenade, trust me there are so many people on this board feels the same way, I just don’t want to name anyone.

Hey Jason I just want to say thanks for doing all the research on the stage stuff man this makes my job a lot easier. It’s funny how people don’t believe you when you tell them that you can put together a stage motor sometimes cheaper or the same as building up a 109 block

Now put some head gasket on that turd and get it out like every one says. Oh! I can’t say that can I ? my car is all so sitting with a blown head gasket for the last five years so you have 4 more yrs before I can give you s**t.
:D :D :D

Prasad