How to relieve pressure 4 fuel filter change

Steves87

Going to change the fuel filter today and know you are suppose to relieve pressure with the test port and it should be in the front of the fuel rail.

I am not sure where that is, can someone direct me better to where this is located? thanks

its on the drivers side up front it probably has a cap on it or a fuel pressure gauge hope that helps:cool:

Unplug the fuel pump connecter at the rear of the gas tank and start the car. It will stall almost right away. This will releive the fuel pressure.. you'll still have a little bit spill out but not much. Wear eye protection cuz gas in the eyes sucks! ;)

the relief valve in on the driver side front of the fuel rail. If you have a pressure gauge near the regulater that is where it is. You could also just slowly crack the line at the filter and let it drip for a while. If you didn't have the car running for a couple of hours you don't have anything to worry about.

another easy way is to take out the fp/inj fuse int he fusebox and start the car, it will start and die right away. jsut make sure you put it back in when your done!!!! i actually changed mine with just taking off the gas cap. there really is not that much pressure in there, and only a minimal amount of fuel cam out.