You can type here any text you want

How to remove?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
What do I need to do to get the oil filter/cooler assembly off? I have a sneaky feeling that my oil leak is comming from here. I've put on 2 new pan gaskets....this last one being one of those bad azz 1/2" thick cork gaskets and there is still a leak under WOT:mad: The leak is only on the PS, towards the front of the motor/pan, and there is oil dripping off of the starter wires. The rest of the pan is bone dry and the there are obvious signs that there is oil comming from the filter assembly.....that's GOT to be it, there is nothing else wet with oil ANYWHERE! While I had the motor apart doing the cam I started to pull the oil pump assembly apart to fill with jelly for priming purposes but could not get the thing totally apart. IS there a gasket in there anywhere that might have gone bad when I had it "somewhat" apart?

TIA

I had mine off a year or so ago. I recall an o-ring seal between the oil cooler adapter and the pump housing and a bolt to hold the two together.

As far as I know if you remove the oil pressure sensor there is like a "could be brass" large nut (the sensor actually screws into it) that you remove to seperate the long part from the oil pump housing. Also when the oil filter is removed the threaded part you have to unscrew as it hold the oil cooler (black) to the next part ... Not sure if this made sense or not :-)

Back