You can type here any text you want

How to test TPS???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ok i wanted to check the TPS at closed throttle. Can anyone tell me what wires to check and what it should be set at??

probe the center wire with the postive lead on the volt meter and ground the negative lead it should give you a voltage. you can move the throttle or sensor and it will change voltage

Loosen the sensor and pull it forward. Its a dual axis adjustment so its tricky but keep it forward and then up and down for raise/lower value.

With key on no start adjust for .44 at idle and 4.65 at WOT

Didnt u ask this in a different thread? Over 5 is Not good!

PS: I checked & it wasnt you that asked recently. Search can be a friend!!

ok i did that...BUT if i adjust the TPS to where it reads .40-.46 and then test it at WOT its in 5.06+ range...now its says to adjust until the sensor reads between 4.55 volts and 4.85 volts...but now if i do that my idle reading will be thrown off quite a bit....sooooo in other words im lost...

No... if you read, when you lightly snug down the first bolt, that should hold the idle, and you rock the sensor around that fixed axis to set the wot.... like the procedure says, a little iteration back and forth is req'd to get it right on both ends..... perhaps some curse words req'd also.... :p

Here.... a bit differently worded approach from Vortexbuicks.... maybe more thoroughly explained.... click on the tps link...

Tuning

If you have access to a graphing meter or oscilliscope, you can look at the wave form it makes and see if it drops out any where to find dead spots, I got a used one from Strap-On for $300 and its like brand new:eek: because nobody knows how to use it

Back