How too move the car?!?!???

macatoni

Buick Powered
Blew a headgasket and my car is now stuck in my driveway after the tow home. Its an up hill drive way and i got nothing to anchor on inside the driveway to pull the car up? How can i move my car 10feet uphill into a garage????

Put a tire in front of the bumper of the car pushing

Done this many times, you are only going 10 feet. Oaktown huh, I know you got that car in the sideshows out there. Sorry reread and seen you have TTA, thought you had the metal bumper.

will it still run?
if so that small of a distance will not hut it any to pull it into the garage.
i drove 10 miles with a blown head gasket to get it home.

no last time it ran so i did pull it up the driveway, this time it doesnt so im stumped.

And sideshows are scetch now! They have this new ordinance where if ur within 10 blocks of a sideshow its at the officers discretion as to whether he impounds ur car or not just for being in the area in a "suspicious vehicle"!!!!

Man i cant start working till i get in the garage and u all know im paranoid having my TTA on the street in oakland regardless of the motors current condition!

macatoni said:
Man i cant start working till i get in the garage and u all know im paranoid having my TTA on the street in oakland regardless of the motors current condition!
I feel ya, I dont even like keeping my car in the underground parking, My El Co has been broken into 2 times, got me for my whole set up, DVD player amps, woofers, second time caught'em in the act ran like scurried rats, good thing didnt have any heat or I would be in jail right now.

friends and beer is your best bet. Or dig a deep hole in front of garage, long cable, and something heavy do drop in it. Don't forget to tie the other end to the car.

:D well i had tried on friday with four people but i needed one man to operate the brakes, we didnt really get anywhere :mad: but ill have to get a keg and invite the whole crew over

It still sucks cause i got nothin to do now but everyone else is working or in school!!!

Well, maybe you could put an eye bolt in the floor of the garage, with healty anchors, and a come-a-long or chain fall. I would have at least one other person there, off to the side, to keep a block behind one of the tires just in case.

You must have one of those steep hill drive ways I seen in Oakland

If your tire pressure is going low it just makes it even harder to push.

Get a riding lawn mower and tow it. A friend had an old John Deere given to him and you wouldn't believe how handy it is to tow dead cars around with. Even pulled a 35' motor home, with some extra help from us pushing on the bumper :).

the tow

Hi,
Come on,you can't move a 3600 machine up a max 20% incline?Hire a flatbed wrecker to load it up to your garage. $100 max. Easy kill for him, though...

TTAs suck to push on a flat surface never mind an incline :mad: ...don't need a brake man ... 4 of you push and have 2 guys with a block to put under the tires and ya push it up little by little :cool:

That was the problem the flatbed couldnt fit up into the driveway to get the car up there. My street is extremely narrow and my driveway is pretty damn hard to get at anyways....

this just shows u how steep it is, im trying to get the car in on the right. The driveway is big it just is a REALLY narrow street....

IMG_0010.jpg

Go buy 2 pulleys (bolt them to your garage floor, back and center of the doors) and some cable and pull it up with your volvo. Easy peasy. :D

Unhook the ignition module, put a paperclip in the ALDL between A & F to lock the converter, unplug the neutral safety switch on the column, then turn the ignition key to start. The starter might lug the car up the hill. Those PTS transmissions are supposed to take some punishment. :cool:

John Larkin said:
Unhook the ignition module, put a paperclip in the ALDL between A & F to lock the converter, unplug the neutral safety switch on the column, then turn the ignition key to start. The starter might lug the car up the hill. Those PTS transmissions are supposed to take some punishment. :cool:

Tranny wont lock in first gear :redface: