You can type here any text you want

HR rear sway bar...feedback

• Thread starter Thread starter coach
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
C

coach

Hey Guys,
Getting ready to purchase the HR rear sway bar set up. $500 bucks is stiff so I want some feedback from the guys who run it on the street mostly, then track use occasionly. I am making my own trailing arms and the set I am making for this set-up has no holes for a stock type sway bar. I drive mostly on the street, but do alot of 1/4 mile blasts taking friends for rides. I just want to know if there are any characteristics that make this not a good purchase. I do not like the larger than stock bar I have now and it will be for sale soon.

Thanks
Coach

Coach, I don't think you will be dissappointed with the HR bar. My car currently does'nt have the front sway bar on and I haven't noticed any changes in driveability on the street, virtually no body roll when in tight turns on highway or around town. At the track is where I noticed my car change. When powerbraking the car at the line, car used to come up on one side more than the other. With the HR bar on the car the front end comes up nice and even ( no body twisting). Deren

Hands down worth every cent. Will make the car a completly tighter more agile car, cloverleafs, lane changes, launches, etc etc. Running mine on my DD for year or so and love it

Any problem with 3 inch exhaust clearance??? I am going to check this out Friday and give it a look. I have the GN1 3 inch system.

Thanks guys,
Coach

You guys are awesome. I only posted a few hours ago and already have more info than I expected by morning. Who wants to buy it for me??? install it for me??? Just asking, you guys always find a way to come thru, just figured someone might do it. LOL Anyone need a set of Metco upper and lowers with Full Throttle bar??? It will all be for sale as soon as I finish my new arms. Everything is less than a year old and has about 1500 miles on it.

Thanks
Coach

"coach", I have a GN1 exhaust system on my car like you do, as well as an H&R sway bar with no issues. The only reason I have mixed feelings about the bar is that although it makes the car leave more level on a hard launch, it's not as fun as when the car used to leave the line twisting, one wheel higher than the other and you had to hold the steering wheel tight to make sure that it would keep going straight... Definitely NOT the ideal setup, but the spectators loved it... ...No more of that with the H&R bar though... :rolleyes: The pictures below show the difference in how the car leaves...On the left picture is WITHOUT the bar and on the right is WITH the bar...

Claude. :smile:

P.S: I also sent you a "pm"...

Coach, H&R bar is money well spent. Are you making solid
lowers and uppers or with bushings?

It works period.

3" exhaust clears just fine.

Attachments

• 1 059.jpg
    1 059.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 260
Coach, H&R bar is money well spent. Are you making solid
lowers and uppers or with bushings?

Thanks guys. I will grab it soon. I am making aluminum arms. Check out the fabrication thread under Coach's custom parts. You will see them. The ones I am designing for the HR bar are a little different than the posted ones. As soon as I have pics, I will post.

Coach

Back