You can type here any text you want

hurricane evacuation....help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XxDarkSidexX

Banned
So its Mark Lozano aka XxDarkSidexX. The california westcoaster, so I'm watching this huricane and am getting extremly worrried about my MOTHER. She lives in Lutz Florida, near Tampa.

What are your guys plan???

Iam in land o lakes close to lutz. We are not planning anything right now, we will have to see what happens later in the week.

Hello,

More than likely it appears that the west coast area around Tampa will be in the clear on this storm (Ernesto). It seems like it will head towards the east coast(based on 11.00am advisory from weather services), probably near to Palm Beach or Broward Counties. So don't sorry too much about mom there in Tampa. Say some prayers for the rest of us on the east side of Florida. Thanks.

I will be putting up the metal shutters tomorrow AM. I will also fire up the generator and make sure it is good to go. I am a Palm Beach County Deputy and will be working 12 hour shifts starting Wed. morning. Good luck to all of you in S. FLorida. This really sucks, 3 years in a row.

How can they keep you behind the wheel for 12hrs,thats prolly just as bad to having a drunk driver behind the wheel,well almost.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That is our shift. 12 hours, 4 days on/4 days off. It is a long day, but the 4 days off help. It sucks during and after a hurricane as we typically go 12-14 days in a row with no days off. I just hope this storm is weak and it's the last one for the year. It is getting old. Time to move to the mountains.

Tampa should be A-OK

Tampa should be free and clear from this Tropical Storm/Hurricane....

I'm in it's path in the Palm City area (East Coast) as F1 is too... The 84 GN will sit and enjoy the rain... The 87 GN is tucked away and will remain nice and dry..

I'll decide at 11:00 tomorrow on whether or not to button up... Don't really want to do it, but I would've been sorry for not doing it last year with the 126 MPH gusts from the back side of Wilma! :eek:

thanks for the replyies guys! I'ma call my mom tommarow the 29th n think of something to do just in case. Reply some more, it makes me feel comfortable, my momz is all alone out there!

I still remember christmas it was sooooo freaking cool to hang out with all of you!!! Man those wings and beer and high school kids kissing our asses was sweeettt!! Good times good times.

Definitly posting when I go back there this christmas!!!

I'm all sealed up. Put up the metal panels. Brought in all of the yard stuff and test started the generator. 7 hours total to prepare the house.

The Bat Cave is ready and waiting now for the storm, all the shutters are up and all vehicles are gassed up with a couple 5 gallons extra in case we need the generator. All hanging plants and potted ones put away and the yard is clear. But the way this is looking now I am really thinking that it will not be anything like Wilma last year. The weather folks are comparing it to Irene in 1999 and that was just a drencher of a storm but no bad winds. Lets hope it keeps getting disorganized and just moves through quickly.

GNX139, thanks for making the sacrifice to give the rest of us some peace of mind. I know I have the HK40 Compact loaded and ready ( the ole "You Loot, We Shoot")... haha, jk. But seriously though be safe out there.

I have a buddy over there he lives on the north side, New Tampa. So if she needs something we can get someone over there. But i think she will be spared anything heavy.

Scott

wow thank you so much!!

im keeping my eye on this thing an it looks like centeral FL will be lucky again, ill be preying for all of you guys over there! Good lucky

I'm in Zephyrhills just east of Lutz it has not been bad at all here. If she need sany help let us know I can be there in 20-30mins even with traffic

Wow IrvJr and BigJim I have been able to sleep at night because of you guys. I'm not tryin to get fresh or anything but really i worry about my mother, and it drives me nutz to try to sleep @ night knowing she is @ risk.

Thank GOD it didn't turn ugly and get nasty with florida. I heard 40-50mph winds and about 6-8 inches of rain was the out come? I was seriously get worried this time around, I'm very @ ease right now, I hope nobody suffered serious damage.

IrvJr and BigJim, definitly come by and meet me next time I come to FLorida, hopfully we can do a car meet thing like we did @ christmas. Gosh that was good times. I remember meeting everyone for the first time, and everyone knowing IM NOT FROM FLORIDA....cus it was about 58 or 59 degrees outside and I was the only guy in sandles! Julio and Redregal will voch for me when I say "the wings n beer are on me" for you guys!

Its no problem whatsoever. I dont think we had winds over 20mph and maybe 3-4 inches of rain here in Orlando. But we were lucky it didnt strengthen in the straits before making landfall.

Back