Hurst lighting rod 4 spd

j_alstrand2000

Woundering if anyone out there has a good used,working 84 hurst
lighting rods for sale?Please let me know,Im looking.

Thanks,John

Shifter

They show up on Ebay alot or go to this site.

http://www.freewebs.com/oldsfe3x/

Goodluck Mike

I hope you are sitting down when you see what these are going for.
They are pretty cool looking but as far as function, i will just leave mine in drive. No way I am dropping upwards of a grand for a shifter!
Good luck on your search.

Bryan

I hope you are sitting down when you see what these are going for.
They are pretty cool looking but as far as function, i will just leave mine in drive. No way I am dropping upwards of a grand for a shifter!
Good luck on your search.

Bryan
yeah i've had a couple of these in my possession, sold one for $500 another for $800 and that's on ebay....however you may luck out and get one for $300 or so. good luck with your search.

3 speed ones are cheaper and will work but cant pull manual 1st gear. Dont really need 1st anyway.

If you do buy that one from him you better work out a deal for the trans cable bracket if you dont get it with the shifter you may never get one Ive been trying to get one for a while and cant find one I was going to have one made but cant find any one willing to let me use theres to get a pattern from.
Thats the only reason I dont have one of these shifters in my GN.

Post a parts wanted on Oldspower.com. The prices Fast4Ward posted are realistic depending on the condition of the shifter. I've got the 4 speed version in my 442. Last I heard the cables are still available through GM and aftermarket sources. Someone over on Oldspower may be nice enough to give you the part number. Angelo the Darth Vader Olds guy refurbishes lightening rods and sells aftermarket parts. He goes by Vader olds on Oldspower.com

I have done both and emailed Anglo even called and left a MSG on his phone one time. Never got a responce back after sevral tries so I gave up. I got my cable from autozone for $60 not a GM cable but it looks good and I think it will work fine and its 1/2 the price of the GM cable.

That's too bad about Angelo. He's usually prompt with responses. There were (2) 4 speed lightning rod shifter set ups for sale at the Olds home coming show in Lansing last month. One asking $800 the other $1000. Both were in very good condition.

Last time I spoke with angelo was 3-4 months ago. Then it took a few days to call me back...Just a heads up

Guess Ill give him a try again I need one of the retaining rings for one of the rods it is cracked and it would save me some time to get one from him if I can get ahold of him.