HV3 High velocity intake insert

chrisob

i was wondering if anyone has used the HV3 High velocity intake insert from zzperformance.com? It claims 30 hp in 30 minutes and it cost 200 bucks, if anyone has any knowledge on this part let me know!

B4 I..

i was wondering if anyone has used the HV3 High velocity intake insert from zzperformance.com? It claims 30 hp in 30 minutes and it cost 200 bucks, if anyone has any knowledge on this part let me know!

spent that kind of $$, I'd call and ask some ??'s. I think that item is intended for use on N/A engines??? [IE: stock car applications.]

yeah im trying to find a number to call so that i can get sum info on it..... oh and my car is a n/a engine with only a few modifications on it.

this write up is off of zzp's website:
HV_Insert_Test_Content

the engine won't fall on its face after 5500 rpm with the insert. it shortens the runners, so that the cylinders can fill at a higher rpm. it's 9 whp at peak. leaves the engine open for more mods...like rockers, cam, headers etc. expensive for what it is, but it's a good mod.

well thanks for the info i decided to go ahead and order it and it should be here within a few days.. i hope it adds a noticeable difference because of the cost for what it is.

you'll really notice the power above 5500 rpm to redline. it's more of a supporting mod...doesn't do much by itself. it works better with a cam.

i was looking at zzp's gt1 cam: 210/210* 113* .507" lift. it doesn't set the ses light, has near stock idle, and just adds power everywhere. stock 3800 n/a put out about 180 whp. with the cam and hvv3, expect around 200 whp. with downpipe, u-bend delete, and cai/fwi, you should have around 210 whp. that's what the s/c cars make:)