Hybrid, How to go about the stock harness?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about Hybrid swap, for the stock harness what would I need to do? would I need a custom standalone? I have my stock complete harness with all the relays, not sure how to power it? and what to use and not to use. Any help will be gladly appreciated and thanks in advance.

you can get away with just the engine harness with all relays, ecm and sensors
youll need switched supply power for the ecm which comes in on the dash connector of the engine harness (pnk/blk stripe) and orange ecm memory wire to the battery
on the fuse block end of the stock harness \ you'll need to provide switched power to the ignition module / coilpack circuits , injectors/ fuel pump curcuit and the fan relays circuit
youll also need to tie the purple relay wire to hybrid starter wire, the fusible wires to the hybrids power wires
then connect the alt field to the volt lamp wire of the hybrid
it should start and run
the lockup and vss will take a little more work ,

diagrams are at gnttype.org

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/electrical/connectors.html

tip make all your connections with quick splices and make it work first , you can cut the fuse block end off later and clean and shorten , solder and wrap to make nice but if you cut the connector off first you'll have a hard time identifying the wires from the chart

you can get away with just the engine harness with all relays, ecm and sensors
youll need switched supply power for the ecm which comes in on the dash connector of the engine harness (pnk/blk stripe) and orange ecm memory wire to the battery
on the fuse block end of the stock harness \ you'll need to provide switched power to the ignition module / coilpack circuits , injectors/ fuel pump curcuit and the fan relays circuit
youll also need to tie the purple relay wire to hybrid starter wire, the fusible wires to the hybrids power wires
then connect the alt field to the volt lamp wire of the hybrid
it should start and run
the lockup and vss will take a little more work ,

diagrams are at gnttype.org

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/electrical/connectors.html

tip make all your connections with quick splices and make it work first , you can cut the fuse block end off later and clean and shorten , solder and wrap to make nice but if you cut the connector off first you'll have a hard time identifying the wires from the chart

Thank you Pacecarta,

I appreciate your reply, and all the information provided. I'll have to get the dash connector? guess this will become a project as it will be my first time attempting something like this. Any one that you might know that can convert the harness into a standalone, or if you could possibly help I'll pay for the service.

Thanks,

no need for the dash side connector just locate the powers at the connector and provide 12v switched source from the hybrid

i just checked and caspers now makes a harnesses for hybrids using stock engine harness
should make life much simpler
http://www.casperselectronics.com/c...uct/product&path=7_53_54_10_16&product_id=697

what is the hybrid its going into

I spoke to John from caspers yesterday for some reason he said that would not work. I was ready to buy it.. because it seem to be that it will work, he mentioned is doesn't power all the functions its more for a race car only, not sure what he means by that. He did say he can make a new standalone but its out of my budget 900. He also said am better off with the stock harness to save money.

I posted my "adapted" C100 and C437 connectors wiring here years ago, I'd post again but they're no longer on my 'puter. They may still be here, prolly at least 5 years back though...

I'm still looking for help the greatest in working with harnesses, anyone willing to work on my harness for the right price.

Easiest thing to do is get a Turbo Dash an engine harness an just swap em out.. Yes I have them here in my "stuff" . Wish it could have been this simple with my Mazda hybrid.

I didn't see mentioned what kind of car you are putting the turbo motor in. It makes a difference on what you have to do to make it work. Did I miss it?

Easiest thing to do is get a Turbo Dash an engine harness an just swap em out.. Yes I have them here in my "stuff" . Wish it could have been this simple with my Mazda hybrid.

I have the engine harness, how much do you want for the Dash harness? Is it that simple with both?

Your going to have to get a wiring diagram for the mustang and a wiring diagram for a turbo regal and start matching things up.

Stage 2 motor pics 001.jpg
You dont need an under dash harness.The only wires you use from there is one key power and the wires for the adl connector.
The wires that go to the starter solnoid on the mustang will power the car it self and you only need to power a few wires on the gn harness to get it to run.

Hope this helps.
Dennis

View attachment 297146 You dont need an under dash harness.The only wires you use from there is one key power and the wires for the adl connector.
The wires that go to the starter solnoid on the mustang will power the car it self and you only need to power a few wires on the gn harness to get it to run.

Hope this helps.
Dennis

Thanks, Dennis what a master peace you have there great job. Could you guide me, on which wire would those be and the (adl connecter). I have the engine harness along with the dash harness. Pm sent also

Any updates on this project?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Small update:

I been neglecting this project for almost a year; do to trying to figure things out before hand to avoid issues. lol So far, things have been falling into place with motor and trans being installed…….currently fighting the steering shaft hitting the header (working on a double u-joint and support bracket) hopefully this gives me enough room clearance. Next, I am working on a custom DP coming out of the side lower fender for the moment.

Inspiration: protracracing and NotchedPSI

View attachment