You can type here any text you want

HYD. Roller Lifters from TA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Does anyone know if the TA Performance Hyd. roller lifters TAV1412 are the same part as Comp. Cams 853-12? I have 853-12 in my engine and #3 is ticking so I am going to replace them, just wanted to try something new since these didn't hold up very long.
Mike
86 GN

I don't know the answer to your question but i have heard that the compcams 885 roller lifters are very good and require very little preload something in the range of .001 - .003 iirc

They all tick from what ive seen

Well, they have been nice and quiet until recently, I did the ol' screwdriver to the ear trick and all of them were happy and quiet except #3. Its setting off my Knock sensor and creating a lack of power. Since I have the intake off and I don't wish to do this again anytime soon I will replace all of them. The person on this board with the turbo Malibu runs solid roller lifters and claims a whisper quiet valvetrain. If someone would develop 2-piece valvecovers I would do this in a second, but I have A/C and its just too much of a PITA to re-adjust every 4 months. Anyone using the TA hyd. roller lifters?
Mike
86 GN

Back