You can type here any text you want

Hydraboost??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
From frame to calipers. I have ss lines from the m/c to the frame.
I left the rubber lines there, and called it "nice"...This heap is so fast, noone can get close enuf to see what kind of hoses are there!:D
Ok, that clears that up. I have ss braided lines in both locations. I was just wondering which location you were concerned with. I wouldn't worry about either.

My 1985 factory lines don't attach to my Hydrastat unit. I hope Advance takes them back at their store. I bought them from their website and don't want to pay shipping back. Ok I called Advance and they said they will take them. So I will install the hydroboost and see if they are usable first (if I just change the fittings and reflare the lines) but I doubt it will be that easy.

I used earls fittings they screw right in to the powersteering pump,steering box and hydroboost unit,they have the proper saginaw style end goto a AN style fitting i used aeroquip teflon braided line and its worked fine over a year now....

Chuck-
Which HB did you go with? Chevy Astro Van?

I got it from a guy in TX. He starts out w/ a new unit and makes the brkt to fit a particular vehicle...I can get his info, if you want it.
As for it being an Astro unit, I don't know for sure.

Chuck-
Which HB did you go with? Chevy Astro Van?

Here's a pic of the unit....
Hrdraboost install 004.jpg

Yes please post his contact info. Did it bolt up directly to your powermaster brake pedal? Are you happy with its performance? I had a hell of a time getting the high pressure hose off of my power steering pump yesterday. Had to take the pump off the car. The fitting on the hose that is supposed to spin freely was frozen to the hose. My mechanic had replaced that hose less than 6 months ago.

Depending on how the system was orders will depend on what pedal it mates too.

Not un common for that fitting to be seized on original lines. Odd new one bound up in 6 months. Does the line look new?

If you come by I let you feel my brakes. ;):D They rock!

RL

Someone need to do a step by step for dummies on this and then it needs to be made a sticky.

Depending on how the system was orders will depend on what pedal it mates too.

Not un common for that fitting to be seized on original lines. Odd new one bound up in 6 months. Does the line look new?

If you come by I let you feel my brakes. ;):D They rock!

RL
Yes the line was new.....I know because I bought it and handed it to him! Thanks for telling me to remove the pump with "only two screws". Kind of gave me the confidence I needed....also looked it up in the chassis manual and watched a UTube video on it. No way that hose was coming off with the pump still on the car. Just waiting now for the firewall gasket that I ordered from BWeavy. I mangled the original one.

Yes please post his contact info. Did it bolt up directly to your powermaster brake pedal? Are you happy with its performance? I had a hell of a time getting the high pressure hose off of my power steering pump yesterday. Had to take the pump off the car. The fitting on the hose that is supposed to spin freely was frozen to the hose. My mechanic had replaced that hose less than 6 months ago.

Here's the Ebag contact. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300670492567&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123

sterlingworth16@yahoo.com> Elliots Email addy

My application is on my 55, not a TR, so the brackt/pedal deal is different. He did say he could make the other brkts with the correct measurements.

My bad. I will take a look. I always just hit "what's new" when I get on here

Back