NEW SS TEFLON FUEL LINES, FILTER AND FITTINGS

Racetronix

P/N FLK-G7B1

This is a complete made-to-measure fuel line kit with filter and fittings for the 1984-1987 Turbo Buicks. This kit replaces all the factory lines, fittings and filter assembly. This kit is designed to be used with the factory fuel rail and factory-fit / location regulator (1).
FEATURES:
After testing many filter housings and elements we have found that the Fram filter housing fitted with a Wix filter element provides superior performance when compared to other filter solutions costing multiples more. The Fram filter housing is compact, easy to install, well built and affordable. The Wix E-85 compatible filter elements are very affordable yet filter down to six microns and have plenty of surface area for long service life and maximum flow. This assembly will provide the best protection from contaminants reaching your injectors while flowing over 700LPH with approximately 1PSI of pressure drop.
The lines in this kit are stainless steel braid over Teflon. The SS braid offers great durability and a conductive path to dissipate static buildup caused by flowing fuel. The Teflon core is compatible with all fuels such as E-85 and oxygenated race fuels where rubber hose is not and will break down and crack over time. Teflon hose has a lower friction coefficient than rubber hose so it will flow better given the same inner diameter. Teflon has very low permeability so it will not allow vapors to escape like rubber hose so you can say goodbye to that constant smell of gas fumes in your garage. After much flow testing we have found that a -8 feed and -6 return line provide more than enough flow capacity to support our dual in-tank fuel systems at flow rates in excess of 740LPH.
Some of the most restrictive parts in the TR fuel system are the factory Saginaw (metric) fittings. While the internally seated o-rings provide a reliable seal, they are very restrictive by design. Off-the-shelf adapter fittings are also very restrictive because they rely on the same sealing mechanism that limits the maximum internal diameter of the fitting. To get around this problem, Racetronix machines metric adapter fittings in-house to fit the TR fuel rail and regulator that allows for maximum flow and a positive seal.
All Racetronix fuel lines are pressure tested for reliability.
1. Racetronix recommends the use of an Accufab regulator only. These regulators have proven to be ultra-reliable, stable and do not bleed down.

All parts made in the U.S.A.

Filter mounting location next to factory filter location
FLK-G7_filter_mount_1.jpg

Filter mounting location next to factory filter location
FLK-G7_filter_mount_2.jpg

Sender hookup
FLK-G7_sender_hookup_1.jpg

DP 2x340LPH Sender + Filter Flow test @ 80PSI @ 722LPH
FLK-G7_filter_test_80PSI_722LPH.jpg

That looks nice - where'd you guys mount the filter on the test vehicle? Any installed photos?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That looks nice - where'd you guys mount the filter on the test vehicle? Any installed photos?
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Pics added. Near factory filter. Fittings are set up for this specific location / orientation.

Pics added. Near factory filter. Fittings are set up for this specific location / orientation.

Thank you. I just visited your site. Can you explain the differences in the kits available and post a direct link to the kit shown. Also are there introductory prices on any of the kits? thanks

I have had these kits in the shop and as soon as people see them they buy them. This is as close to plug and play as your are going to get guys. We will be installing one on our new car and detailing the install on this site in the next 2 weeks. Great product!
Mike

Thank you. I just visited your site. Can you explain the differences in the kits available and post a direct link to the kit shown. Also are there introductory prices on any of the kits? thanks

FLK-G7A - TR Fuel Line + Filter Kit, SS Teflon
SS Teflon braided hose, crimped steel fittings, 90 degree adapter fitting for regulator return

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FLK-G7A&eq=&Tp=http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FLK-G7A&eq=&Tp=
FLK-G7B - TR Fuel Line + Filter Kit, SS Teflon Black
SS Teflon braided hose with conductive black cover, crimped steel fittings, 90 degree adapter fitting for regulator return

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FLK-G7B&eq=&Tp=

FLK-G7B1 - TR Fuel Line + Filter Kit, SS Teflon Black RS Fittings
SS Teflon braided hose with conductive black cover, Pro-Street re-usable black anodized aluminum swivel radius fittings, BLM machined adapter fitting for regulator return

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FLK-G7B1&eq=&Tp=

Once the parts and labor costs are factored these kits are being sold very close to cost. It takes considerable time to cut, crimp and pressure test the lines. These prices are for a very limited time.

FLK-G7A - TR Fuel Line + Filter Kit, SS Teflon
SS Teflon braided hose, crimped steel fittings, 90 degree adapter fitting for regulator return
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FLK-G7A&eq=&Tp=
FLK-G7B - TR Fuel Line + Filter Kit, SS Teflon Black
SS Teflon braided hose with conductive black cover, crimped steel fittings, 90 degree adapter fitting for regulator return
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FLK-G7B&eq=&Tp=

FLK-G7B1 - TR Fuel Line + Filter Kit, SS Teflon Black RS Fittings
SS Teflon braided hose with conductive black cover, Pro-Street re-usable black anodized aluminum swivel radius fittings, BLM machined adapter fitting for regulator return
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FLK-G7B1&eq=&Tp=

Once the parts and labor costs are factored these kits are being sold very close to cost. It takes considerable time to cut, crimp and pressure test the lines. These prices are for a very limited time.

Jack, I have to say that I love the kit. I have one question....... If to purchase it, how hard would it be for you all to make it fit the champion fuel rail? and different regulator?

Jack, I have to say that I love the kit. I have one question....... If to purchase it, how hard would it be for you all to make it fit the champion fuel rail? and different regulator?

The problem with this is that customers like different rail feed configurations and regulator locations/types. This makes it impossible to have a standardized kit.

This should fit the Champion fuel rails that use a stock regulator and line setup then correct? This seems like a pretty nice setup.

Hey Jack-

Joe here in IL. I have question--I have your DP with the twin Aeromotive 340's and the AN fitting on the sender and ran my own lines and want to now replace my lesser quality lines with your kit
FLK-G7B1 - TR Fuel Line + Filter Kit, SS Teflon Black RS Fittings-I'm running the Aeromotivre 12304 fuel filter that you recommended before you had these complete line kits available.

Can I order the kit w/o the Fram filter included? The lines will hook up to the 12304 filter as I have -8 on the filter now.

I'm running the stock fuel rail and Accufab Regulator--what side doe the feed line run up to the engine on in this kit?

Joe
staged2@sbcglobal.net

Joe,

This kit is specifically designed to fit the FRAM filter in a specific location so the proper lengths and fittings are included.
There are no substitutions in this kit which is pre-packed and manufactured in volume.
If you want to order custom lines piece part pricing would apply.
I would not have recommended the 12304 since it is only a 100-micron unit which is not adequate for FI applications either as a pre or post filter.
The WIX filter element is good down to 6 microns, has superior surface area and flow for only $7.49.

I'm running the stock fuel rail and Accufab Regulator--what side doe the feed line run up to the engine on in this kit?

The lines run in the factory location up the frame rail, out in front of the A/C compressor up the front of the motor and split off near the cam sensor. The -8 feed hooks to the rail using our custom machined fitting and seal (no reduction in ID). The -6 return hooks to the bottom of the regulator using our 90 degree adapter (A and B kits) or straight fitting with 90 degree radius fitting and machined adapter (B1 kit).

Will you be offering an adapter kit for those that have your sender and wish to change over from rubber lines to an fittings?

Will you be offering an adapter kit for those that have your sender and wish to change over from rubber lines to an fittings?

The fittings are welded on our AN senders. We have not found any compression fittings that will work reliably with our senders for a DIY non-welded solution. A small length of R14 rubber hose would have to be used at the sender end.

Jack-

My mistake on the Aeromotive filter---which BTW was what the Tech at Aeromotive told me I need to buy to alleviate dead heading my pumps when I had the failure--its the 40 micron unit #

Jack-

My mistake on the Aeromotive filter---which BTW was what the Tech at Aeromotive told me I need to buy to alleviate dead heading my pumps when I had the failure--its the 40 micron unit #

IMO 40-micron is good as a pre-filter (which is not needed b/c the DP pumps have 30-micron socks on them) but not as a post-filter. IMO 10-micron or better should be used between the pump and injectors.
You are looking at a custom line set regardless.

Wow-what a disappointment--I bought what I was instructed to from Aeromotive to run your DP 340's after my issues-- and now you tell me differently-!!! The tech said I need this filter and I would be good to go running e85 and your pumps...

Jack, how about a kit that connects from the factory frame lines to the regulator and fuel rail?