You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost Brake Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chris McDade

How much Boost on the line can you hold with a hydroboost brake system?

Who has the best package deal on these kits?

Thanks

There are more variables to this question than just whether hydroboost is in the picture. In theory and with a healthy and well adjusted braking system, you will be able to hold more boost due to the clamping power from increased line pressure. Your ability to hold even more boost at the line depends on the health, quality, and adjustment of the pads/shoes. Before I went through my braking system, I could only hold 4-5 psi at the line. After going through the hydroboost setup, new wheel cylinders and shoes and adjusting everything properly, I can hold 11 psi or so.

Powerbrake-drivetrain.com seems to have a nice deal for a kit. It was featured in an issue of GM High Tech Performance last year. Most people piece them together using 1984 TR parts specifications. The quality of remans has really gone downhill, so it might be a crapshoot on the booster. I was willing to risk it with a "cardone special" due to the cost savings and I had no problems to speak of ... knock on wood. My project was just over $300.

Back