Hydroboost conclusion

The astrovan units seem like they have a small accumulator, but the 84/85 GN units do not.

Do the accumulators hold much reserve?

Bob

I hear they will allow for 2 or 3 assisted brake applications after the car stalls. It did bother me at first that the GN units don't have it, buuut I should be okay without it.

The astrovan units seem like they have a small accumulator, but the 84/85 GN units do not.

Do the accumulators hold much reserve?

Bob

You might have 2 stops left in the accumulator. I know this from an unfortunate incident in our shop. I would only count on one.

You guys really did a good job with this one.

has anyone added a p/s cooler to their h/b brake system? was thinking that adding the extra load onto our stock p/s pumps might cause more heat. i've seen pumps overheat and fail (in the past) was considering this on mine. anyone have any input i would love to hear it.

I'm told the 84 & 85 GN HB units have an internal accumulator - good for 2 to 3 applications of the brakes. I need to check it out one day on an uphill street.

parts

the parts from bob you may get and may not get so you are warned... ........i have bought stuff from him before.

I have an aluminum "Corvette" master that looks great polished. I'm not sure why some are changing pedals. The Powermaster and Hydroboost use the same pedal. If you are using junkyard Hydroboosts, the bracket and rod will not be right. For those who want ot save the money, but not go junkyard, I can supply rebuilt units with the right brackets and rod, along with the NEw hydroboosts. I came up with the stainless hose to allow the easier fitment of the Hydroboost to the newer top outlet p/s pump. i did all that cutting and rebending of the stock hoses 6 years ago, but no one liked it. It is all in what you want in looks and performance.

Dude, quite posting your garbage on here. If you dont want to pay vendor fees and stand behind your product to our board members, leave the board. Go post on www.wasteyourmoney.com maye thats a good sight for you.

I bought a new (reman) hydro setup for my 87 GN. but i hate the heavy cast iron m/c. who makes an aluminum m/c for this application. i think the one i got (for 84-85 GN) is like 15/16" bore which is why it has more brake/hold force. but i hate the heavy iron unit, any help here?...............(Bob stay out of this):eek: