Hydroboost, does it work? is it worth it?

You can get a new Fenco 1981 Caddy Eldorado master cyl that mates up to the 84/85 hydrobooster if you want a more modern look.

I have a hydroboost unit from Hydratech as well, nice piece (Paul the owner is a great guy!)

i had oem sys. changed to vacuum sys. we needed vac pump due to cam duration. shook the car and driver. we called paul at hydratech, and he walked us thru install and brake bleed. now have reliable brakes. SO I GOT THAT GOING FOR ME. WHICH IS NICE.

Probably me that directed you that way, really like these guys, all new parts, well put together, the lines can be fun, better if you buy some tools from Speedway for assembling AN fittings.
I think mine to the door and dressed out was around $850.00
Don't install one if you don't wear your safetybelt, you might meet the windshield, best brakes the car has ever had including the day I bought it. I have attached a pic of the install with adj prop valve, gauge and line lock, along with the PSC remote Res.
Just ordered a unit to go on my dually also, do not like rebuild brake parts !

Attachments

• GN Brake Upgrade Feb-1 to Feb 5th 2012 066.jpg
    GN Brake Upgrade Feb-1 to Feb 5th 2012 066.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 116
I will be going with them too. Will get the hoses made up locally at a hydraulic shop. Thanks for the info.

I poor-boy'd mine with a junkyard astro van HB unit, new lines from an '85 GN..... one compression union, one tee and some hose for the return..... and a little fab work..... I have less than $150 in my conversion. I went to the track last weekend and launched at 14-1/2 psi off the footbrake and the thing never acted like it wanted to push through the lights. I love the HB.

I poor-boy'd mine with a junkyard astro van HB unit, new lines from an '85 GN..... one compression union, one tee and some hose for the return..... and a little fab work..... I have less than $150 in my conversion. I went to the track last weekend and launched at 14-1/2 psi off the footbrake and the thing never acted like it wanted to push through the lights. I love the HB.
Wouldn't 14 psi spin the tires?

Another thing I would suggest is a reverse injection bleed with a Phoneix unit, and an adjustable proportioning valve for your tire combo.

You must have had a hell of a 60 foot time!

Not yet..... would have been quicker if I launched around 5-8 psi.... because my tires are 6 years old.... and the track had just been scraped. It spun a little. I had a 1.73 60' time on the 10 psi launch (2nd launch)... and a 1.78 on the 15 psi launch (1st launch) I was trying to leave around 5-8 psi..... but it is hard to do with the stock turbo and stock wastegate setup. My car went from 5 psi to 15 psi in less than .4 sec on the 1st pass..... before I let off the footbrake.

HB is awesome , i also used a junkyard astrovan unit i made my own braided lines (aeroquip teflon) and used earls fittings...A friend of mine was fabing the adapter bracket so you dont have to remove the powermaster bracket from the firewall but he got busy in his shop and hasnt had time to make more yet....I did an ssbc front caliper upgrade and lineloc at the same time and other than a slight pump whine i havent had any probs.......

I assume there is no brake light on the dash if the fluid runs low or the HB malfunctions. Is there some way to hook up the light to the HB? Second question: Can you guys help me with picking out the correct hose and fittings? Jegs has this hose but it doesn't say if it is high pressure or not. Is six feet enough? Thanks a lot! http://www.jegs.com/i/Aeroquip/023/FCC0606/10002/-1

I literally JUST finish a vacuum system conversion. Cost 170 bucks for the booster, master cylinder, pcv lines, clevis pin and tee fitting. Took me an hour to install and works just fine. Forget all these kits and crap. It'll over complicate things and they're all more expensive. Just tell autozone you want booster and m/c from a v8 regal and itll come with a lifetime guarantee. You could do the junk yard thing and it'd be even cheaper. And don't buy a different pedal. You can drill a hole in your stock on lower and stick a clevis pin in there and weld it up, works just fine.