You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost Inline Filter & Quiet Fluid

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I replaced the power steering fluid with Dexron III tranny fluid and the PS pump is now quiet! Thanks Bob!

I understand an inline filter is desired. Anyone know where I can get a filter? Are you there PowerBrakeBob or ???

Conrad

An inline filter may be desired, but there is not enough space between the return line fitting (off the power steering gear) and the return port (on the PS fluid reservoir). Maybe someone else will chime in. I tried the filter that looks like a gas filter and the in-line one that looks like an AC system accumulator filter. Each is too long.

Any Cadillac with a Northstar uses a PS filter.

If it was me I'd be using specific PS fluid and plumb in an oil cooler too. For years I've been wanting to add a cooler to mine. I'm still up in the air as far as a fluid to air or a fluid to fluid like what is used on a C5/C6-4the gen F-body LS1.

That is a thought. I'm running Dexron III in the PS system so I could use a tranny cooler and filter. What is the pressure pressure for a tranny cooler vs a PS pump? If the PS pressure is less than tranny pump, it should be safe. Who makes an inline tranny filter?
Conrad

Monroe, the same company that sells shocks makes a PS filter with a magnet on one side. It looks like a fuel filter. You won't be putting this filter on the pressure side, it goes on the return side and there is not much pressure there.

Back