You can type here any text you want

Hyper Pistons Clearences piston skirt to cylinder wall?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

What are you guys using for clearences on Hyper pistons? I know the forged clearences are .004-.005 for heat expansion but what about Hypers? I know the Hyper wont heat up as much so what do you recommend for clearences? Thanks ----Jeremy

The 3800 series 2 are around .0015. I don't see any benefit from going looser than .003. They don't expand much. I
Would not run them in anything but a stock rebuild either.

The 3800 series 2 are around .0015. I don't see any benefit from going looser than .003. They don't expand much. I
Would not run them in anything but a stock rebuild either.

OK, thank you for the info Bison! ----Jeremy

What do you feel the best clearence would be for a Forged piston? (if you dont mind me asking?)

OK, thank you for the info Bison! ----Jeremy

What do you feel the best clearence would be for a Forged piston? (if you dont mind me asking?)

Whatever the manufacturer specs. I use JE most of the time and they are in at .004-.005 from what i remember. Id run them looser without worry but they will clatter more when cold.

Whatever the manufacturer specs. I use JE most of the time and they are in at .004-.005 from what i remember. Id run them looser without worry but they will clatter more when cold.

Ok, thanks again for your wealth of knowledge brother! ----Jeremy

Back