Hypertech 41372

Alex87GN

So after digging into my now-basket-case title worthy 87 GN, I have not only discovered some sort of aftermarket alarm system garbage but a Hypertech 41372 chip in my ECM. According to Hypertech it's a non-tunable that provides, and I am quoting here from an email conversation: "Boost to 16 lbs and holds, 1/4 mile et 1.06 improvement, HP 25-35 and Tq lock at 40."

Right now the car likes to die at idle and search up and down when not dying. Coincidence? Or just a garbage chip?

I did a search and looked at some very old posts and the common response was to take it out and put a Turbotweak chip in. So is the chip safe to run for the short term or should I get a TT chip ASAP?

TT chip or equivalent ASAP. Then you can begin a proper diagnosis of your idling issue which may or may not be associated (I'm leaning towards not) to the hypertech chip. Do you also have at least a scanmaster? If not it's a must

TT chip or equivalent ASAP. Then you can begin a proper diagnosis of your idling issue which may or may not be associated (I'm leaning towards not) to the hypertech chip. Do you also have at least a scanmaster? If not it's a must
No scanmaster yet, I'm still in the midst of actually putting the car back together. I have solved the idle issue now, it was related to the absolute shit ton of wire under the console for the aftermarket alarm system, and all the shitty electrical taped splices the previous moron did. I used to be a marine electrician before I switched to being a mechanic and the experience is paying off in spades with this new project.

I will add a TT chip to my ever growing list of parts that need to be ordered up, as well as a scanmaster.

Get one immediately that chip was made in the 90’s fuel chemistry has changed a lot since then.

The Hypertech 41372 chip uses all stock spark advance tables so the suggestion to get a newer (TT) chip is good advice. There are only a few changes in the chip versus a stock 87 and they are higher torque converter lock-up mph, start-up AFR richer from 68 - 133 degrees coolant, richer PE AFR, and about 20% increase in boost using the stock wastegate solenoid.

If you take it easy on the throttle, you can still drive with this chip. It won't hurt anything. "Peddle to the metal" is another story, don't do it.

The Hypertech 41372 chip uses all stock spark advance tables so the suggestion to get a newer (TT) chip is good advice. There are only a few changes in the chip versus a stock 87 and they are higher torque converter lock-up mph, start-up AFR richer from 68 - 133 degrees coolant, richer PE AFR, and about 20% increase in boost using the stock wastegate solenoid.

If you take it easy on the throttle, you can still drive with this chip. It won't hurt anything. "Peddle to the metal" is another story, don't do it.

Excellent information, thank you. The car is still in pieces as it sits now, so I have time to get a good chip in it for next summer.