You can type here any text you want

I-40 closed!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
For those traveling east on I-40 from the tennessee area please be aware that the interstate has suffered a rock slide and the highway may not open in time. The best way is to go I-40 east to I-81 north through Bristol TN and then pickup I-77 south back towards NC. Please be aware of this when making travel plans to join us in March!!

This info is for people traveling to the Nationals in 3 weeks, so no it does not belong in the Lounge

Bryan

For those traveling east on I-40 from the tennessee area please be aware that the interstate has suffered a rock slide and the highway may not open in time. The best way is to go I-40 east to I-81 north through Bristol TN and then pickup I-77 south back towards NC. Please be aware of this when making travel plans to join us in March!!

If travelling I40 east, to I81 north, why not jump off on I26 down into Ashville NC. and then continue east on I40 east. Instead of running all the way up to I77 and Bristol??

If travelling I40 east, to I81 north, why not jump off on I26 down into Ashville NC. and then continue east on I40 east. Instead of running all the way up to I77 and Bristol??
Map Quest has us going the route to Bristol and a total mileage of 317 miles to a tune of 5:24 travel time.

The plus for going this way is 98% of it is all 4-lane interstate & Highway..

Scot W.

That's wierd, I77 is nearly an hour beyond Bristol. I'd rather run I26 down into Ashville then go east on I40 over to Burlington. You get off of I81 over an hour earlier than if you have to run up to I77. ??
Think I'll use I26. BTW it's also 4 lane interstate all the way.

Double strange, in checking mapquest it is actually shorter running all the way up to I77 and then down into NC.

That's wierd, I77 is nearly an hour beyond Bristol. I'd rather run I26 down into Ashville then go east on I40 over to Burlington. You get off of I81 over an hour earlier than if you have to run up to I77. ??
Think I'll use I26. BTW it's also 4 lane interstate all the way.
Dave do you know the estimated travel time going the I26 route? I will mention that to Gary who is going with me, he used to live in NC so he should know that way. Map quest isn't always right..

SW.

Hey Guys,

For those folks traveling from TN, taking I-61 east in Johnson City to 26 south to Asheville and pickup I-40 W from there. This route adds approx 1 hour travel time.

Just a suggestion, but this is the route most truckers are using. :smile:

Hey Guys,

For those folks traveling from TN, taking I-61 east in Johnson City to 26 south to Asheville and pickup I-40 W from there. This route adds approx 1 hour travel time.

Just a suggestion, but this is the route most truckers are using. :smile:
As wierd as it seems that route is actually longer than just going up 81 into Virginia to I-74E becomes US-52 S then merge onto I-40 / US-421

** The 81, I-74, I-40 route is only 317 miles and about 5 hours 24 minutes.. The other way going 26 is longer yet..

Just a FYI for guy's coming from TN I-40

Scot W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back