You can type here any text you want

I am an Idiot!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS_Sean

Pro Bracket
I got my rebuilt TH400 back in my car with transbrake installed. We finally get the car buttoned up today after weeks of working on this that and the other thing. We go to fire the car up, no problems. I had the car idling in park for about 5 minutes. We shut it down, push it back inside, close the door. Tonight I look over at the box of tranny fluid and suddenly realize I didn't put any tranny fluid in the tranny. F U C K!!!

What do you guys suggest from here?

I got my rebuilt TH400 back in my car with transbrake installed. We finally get the car buttoned up today after weeks of working on this that and the other thing. We go to fire the car up, no problems. I had the car idling in park for about 5 minutes. We shut it down, push it back inside, close the door. Tonight I look over at the box of tranny fluid and suddenly realize I didn't put any tranny fluid in the tranny. F U C K!!!

What do you guys suggest from here?

Add fluid and see if you burned the front seal. If you did it will leak like a b itch. If the pump gears were oiled prior to installation they should be ok. If the seal is shot drop the trans and put a new one in.

IDEEEEEEEOOOOOOOTTTT!!! :mad: It's like losing your keys that were in your pocket, except 1000x more expensive. :mad: That's what I get for working overtime, and working on the car til the weeee hours every night. Damn, damn, damn. :mad:

It's dry as a bone under the car. I added the tranny fluid (finally), but haven't re-started the car yet.

I'll call the trans builder in the morning and ask him what he did for lube during assembly....

I hope it's not damaged at all or just the front seal needs replaced. :smile:

I'm an old fart and the memory isn't so good sometimes so i don't do anything without first making a checkoff sheet and i check it at least twice to make sure i don't forget to do something. It takes me a little longer but stops me from having those "oh ****" moments of forgetting things. :biggrin:

John :smile:

I hope it's not damaged at all or just the front seal needs replaced. :smile:

I'm an old fart and the memory isn't so good sometimes so i don't do anything without first making a checkoff sheet and i check it at least twice to make sure i don't forget to do something. It takes me a little longer but stops me from having those "oh ****" moments of forgetting things. :biggrin:

John :smile:

ya a lot of good a check list does after ya loose that to :p then ya do another and maybe ya find the first one :cool: OH I HAVE NEVER LOST A LIST !! :wink:

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are not an idiot. Obama is now called a
ID10t

I bet all is well,when I put a trans together I lube the crap outta the pump,seal,gears etc. You did go 6k with no load right.....at the worst pump is shot rest of trans will be okay.

Trust me............. your not an idiot.....

I am

try making the mistake of putting oil in the trans and trans fluid in the oil.

that was a very expensive mistake.

A.j.

Sh1t happens bud. I once ran my nissan with no oil in it while I was running a fuel injector service on it. Caught it about a minute later and put oil in it, still runs to this day knock on wood. I hope it turns out good for you. Besides that its a 400 and if its toast they are fairly cheap to rebuild. You might have taken some some life off the clutches though. Good luck

Called builder this morning and he lubes his pumps well. I also had filled the TQ converter prior to install. Between the two he said I would 'probably' be okoay. I fired the car and all is well. No troubles... Time to start launching off the transbrake!!

Thanks for th info/advice/support! :D

Back