I am going absofrickenlutely nuts!

Pox

Neither small nor chicken
Kay, here is where I am at. I have spark at all the plugs, and am getting fuel injector impulses at all the injectors (checked with noid light). I've set and reset the cam sensor with the casper's tool as per the directions. I replaced the ignition module and coil pack, spark plug wires, plugs, crank sensor, and injectors. Yet I still can't get the car to start. The engine has just been rebuilt, but when I got the engine, I found that the wiring harness had been cut where it goes through the firewall. I soldered the wires back together, but in doing so, accidentally switched the 10 volt black wire going to the convertor solenoid and the TPS/CTS/IAT ground wire. I corrected my mistake, and adjusting the TPS but the car still won't run. Could it be a bad MAF?? :confused: I would like to check the car with a scan tool like Direct Scan or something similar. If any of the Hawaii guys can help me out, let me know. I am all out of options.

Jon:mad: :confused:

When my MAF went bad, the car would still start. You can unplug it, and it will still start (limp mode). Athough by doing so you may be running over rich.

Been there and done it to. I just swapped the ecm too.

If it was just rebuilt...was it running after the rebuild? If not I'd check the timing/TDC #1 cylinder. Doesn't sound right that you have air, fuel, spark, you should have a combustion process going on there.:confused:

When you say check the timing, are you refering to my cam sensor alignment? or the mechanical alignment of the cam and crank shafts' timing chain sprockets? As long as the dots are lined up on the sprockets, the valvetrain can't be off, right.

I checked the voltages from the ign module at the ecm and I am only get about 5 volts from both my crank and cam wires. I am pretty sure that these voltages are set by the module and am beginning to think that what i've been told about non AC Delco modules being shady, might just be truth. Sound plausible?

Is the engine even farting or doing anything when cranking?

When I got my new engine it didn't start either had to sit there with the pedal to the floor to get it to run!

Maybe your crank to cam timing is off?
If the two dots line up it doesn't mean it is correct either it could be out of timing still!

Just my .02
Hope you get her running!:(

What Do I Know, I'm a Chevy Guy...

Originally posted by Pox
When you say check the timing, are you refering to my cam sensor alignment? or the mechanical alignment of the cam and crank shafts' timing chain sprockets? As long as the dots are lined up on the sprockets, the valvetrain can't be off, right.

On a SBC, the dots go straight up instead of together to be on #1. If this is the case for a Buick V6, you could 180 out. Like others have mentioned...put the engine at TDC and make sure it's #1. stew

Everyone here pretty much covered a "no start" diagnostic...

spark, fuel(air/gas), and timing will start any combustion engine, may not run good due to improper timing, fuel and spark..but it will start..

getting back to your other post, the ecm puts out 5v reference signal to its sensors(for example TPS 0-5V), NOT battery voltage..so dont confuse a 5V signal as a "low voltage"...

hope this helps..

I found that the black wire going to the TPS ground and the black wire going to the TCC solenoid were switched. Also, somehow 3 of my spark plugs were dead - when pulled out and grounded to the block they would just sizzle. It was really confussing because I had just bought new plugs. I new I had spark at the end of the plug wires, and that I had fuel: Just goes to show that it pays to check for spark at the plug and not just at the wire.

Yeah, I test drove the car today, and I am getting it towed to exhaust systems hawaii monday to have a downpipe made - then I can take it for a good drive to break in the engine. It runs pretty good, boost starts to kick in somewhere between 2-2.5k. since I haven't done any work to the tranny I probably won't track the car for a good while.

Excellent

Are they going to be able to make you a quality piece? Congrats on gettin' her up n runnin'