I broke A Commandment

pontiac69fb

I believe the 5th Commandment is Honor thy father and mother lol. Well me and my dad have been talking about my Grand National ever since I got it, and I've been hounding him saying that its the fastest car we have and it only has a v6 and all the rest of them are v8s ranging from a 350 chevy to a 400 and a 455 pontiac. My dad is pretty old school and hates every car that isn't a v8. He is so confident in v8 power he has been telling me my Grand National couldn't outrun his 94 Caprice LS which is optioned out to be the exact same as an Impala SS with the same LT1 engine the only exception being the Imapala has all wheel disc brakes. So anyways we raced about 3 or 4 times the first 3 I let my dad take off first and I left at just slightly above idle. I don't want to leave with boost on the street because I have street tires and the car likes to turn sideways. So my dad would put about 2 or 3 cars on me off the line from him having a head start and from my car lagging. Then once the boost kicks in I'm at his door, and once i hit 2nd I put about 3 or 4 cars on him, and in 3rd I put around 6 or 7 cars on him and it happened that way everytime the first 3 runs. On the last run however I was tired of playing ricer fly by/ catchup so I was like maybe I will leave at just a lil boost 2 or 3 psi. So I did and the car spun a little then it hooked hard and I put a good holeshot on him about 4 or 5 cars then I hit 2nd and It was like 8 cars. In 3rd? lol my dad was an ant I thought about turning around to make sure his car didn't die on him lol. Both of our cars are stock, with the exception of mine having a boost controller. My dad said here is what he observed "on most of our runs you couldn't hang with the caprice off the line.....", he then said but on 1 of our runs you left like a rocket and it was no contest....... I wonder the outcome if I would of left at 7 psi with drag radials? I guess now I know if I ever run into a Caprice police car I can out run it hehe jk......