I dont understand why so many people are against this war?

gndriver

Why are there so many people against this war? Can someone please explain that too me. I just got out of the military and I regret it now. How can people accuse The U.S of killing innocent civilians when saddam orders his people to shoot into a crowd?

Sgt Edward Suarez USMC

people are against this war because it's trendy to be anti-american and anti-gwbush.

they speak out of both sides of their face,saying how they can't stand the govt and the current leadership,but how they "support the troops":rolleyes: .truth is,they don't give a rat's ass about "the troops",they just want to hang out on the street corner with the rest of the unemployed hippies,holding a sign.makes them feel important.:rolleyes:

later,sean

sgt,usmc,'92-'96.

I don't think many people are against it. They're just vocal about it. Most who oppose it are liberal wackos who always want peace, don't wanna kill "innocent" Iraqis, and think a diplomatic solution would be better. Then there are a few hard-core right-wingers who oppose the war because they think the Isrealis are lobbying for war, and also because these ultra-rightists are usually very pro America firsters. I believe Pat Buchanan, who I originally supported before he bolted the Republican Party, takes this view. I am a far right-winger myself, but I break with them on this issue. I am in total support for the war and our troops.

Originally posted by gndriver
Why are there so many people against this war? Can someone please explain that too me. I just got out of the military and I regret it now. How can people accuse The U.S of killing innocent civilians when saddam orders his people to shoot into a crowd?

Most of the people who are against it are not really against the war, but against Bush. They can't stand the thought of another victory by a GOP president. They want Bush (and therefore the USA) to fail so we can get a liberal president and congress in the next election.

These same liberal wackos who always want peace didn't say much when Clinton bombed Iraq and sent troops to Kosovo.

To me, they're not much better than the enemy we're fighting.

Re: Re: I dont understand why so many people are against this war?

Originally posted by lyonsd
Most of the people who are against it are not really against the war, but against Bush. They can't stand the thought of another victory by a GOP president. They want Bush (and therefore the USA) to fail so we can get a liberal president and congress in the next election.

These same liberal wackos who always want peace didn't say much when Clinton bombed Iraq and sent troops to Kosovo.

To me, they're not much better than the enemy we're fighting.

VERY WELL SAID!!! I too believe that these idiots have such a hatred for Bush, that they'll do anything to get there liberal garbage out there. And this is a PERFECT excuse for them to do just that. And if you don't believe me, just read the signs they carry in there "protests". Bush bashing at it's worst. Very sad. Where were all these people when Saddam Insain was killing and gassing thousands of his own people. I think they should be called "Saddam supporters", as that's exactly what there doing. :mad: :mad:

It's sad. I bet many of these people would vote for Saddam if he was on the Democrat ticket over Bush.

I am completely against the war and the only reason I haven't said anything here is because I don't feel like getting flamed, but I really don't care. I am not against the servicemen, I give them all the respect they deserve as they are very brave men, as opposed to some who spit on them. I am anti-bush. I really don't care how far his education goes, the man is an *****. How many oil companies did daddy give him that he ran into the ground? Who was a cokehead and a drunk in their college days, and it's also a well known fact? But he is only a figurehead, he's a puppet. He is not the president, he is the C.A.L.U.S.=Court Appointed Leader of the US.
Whether you all want to admit it or not, this war is over oilfields. Granted, Sadaam needs to be brought down. The man is a tyrant and a lunatic, but I have a feeling this is going to turn into another Vietnam, and so do many others that I know, including my very educated and politically savvy uncle. We are on their home turf, and no matter what technology we use against them, it's their house. And the USA is a very ethical country, we play by the rules. They do not, which means they are sneaky suckers, and murderers. The brave men and women out there don't deserve to die painful deaths by all of the chemical and bio weapons that they will use on us. This whole thing is a big mistake, and my stomach turns at every thought of it.

Originally posted by orion681
I am completely against the war and the only reason I haven't said anything here is because I don't feel like getting flamed, but I really don't care. I am not against the servicemen, I give them all the respect they deserve as they are very brave men, as opposed to some who spit on them. I am anti-bush. I really don't care how far his education goes, the man is an idiot. How many oil companies did daddy give him that he ran into the ground? Who was a cokehead and a drunk in their college days, and it's also a well known fact? But he is only a figurehead, he's a puppet. He is not the president, he is the C.A.L.U.S.=Court Appointed Leader of the US.
Whether you all want to admit it or not, this war is over oilfields. Granted, Sadaam needs to be brought down. The man is a tyrant and a lunatic, but I have a feeling this is going to turn into another Vietnam, and so do many others that I know, including my very educated and politically savvy uncle. We are on their home turf, and no matter what technology we use against them, it's their house. And the USA is a very ethical country, we play by the rules. They do not, which means they are sneaky suckers, and murderers. The brave men and women out there don't deserve to die painful deaths by all of the chemical and bio weapons that they will use on us. This whole thing is a big mistake, and my stomach turns at every thought of it.

Very well said it's all about the OIL period.

Originally posted by orion681
I am completely against the war and the only reason I haven't said anything here is because I don't feel like getting flamed, but I really don't care. I am not against the servicemen, I give them all the respect they deserve as they are very brave men, as opposed to some who spit on them. I am anti-bush. I really don't care how far his education goes, the man is an idiot. How many oil companies did daddy give him that he ran into the ground? Who was a cokehead and a drunk in their college days, and it's also a well known fact? But he is only a figurehead, he's a puppet. He is not the president, he is the C.A.L.U.S.=Court Appointed Leader of the US.

It doesn't mean you are against the servicemen if you are against the war, but there is no reason to be so anti-Bush by bringing up 30 years ago (his college days). He can't be an idiot with the education he had. As for the Florida vote, every recount over and over again said Bush won by a few hundred votes. True, Gore got more votes nationally, but in this country total votes mean nothing, as we use the Electoral Collage. If you're against that, you should move, as it's what the Founding Fathers wanted.

I know this is gonna sound awful, but I hope the Iraqis use chem and bio weapons. Why? Because it would give us an excuse to nuke them off the map. I can see it now: "Today's weather forcast in Iraq is 65 degrees. Tomorrow will be very cloudy, with a high of 3000 degrees."

Originally posted by REBAL T
Very well said it's all about the OIL period.

No it's not, it's about MANY things, but even if it was only about oil, what's wrong with that?

I think we are past the point if you agree or not. Let's just try and keep the support up if anything for the troops. You will never have people agree on anything that is just the way it is. I like Bush and support what he is doing, The Middle East has been the wild wild west for years. Maybe this will calm things down a little, if it was so good to live why do so many of them wait and Flock over here. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TurboTer
No it's not, it's about MANY things, but even if it was only about oil, what's wrong with that?

So you your saying it's okay to steal the oil says all I need to know. Then you say Nuke them remember every country is wacthing us maybe the next war could be with a country with the same weapons.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So you your saying it's okay to steal the oil says all I need to know. Then you say Nuke them remember every country is wacthing us maybe the next war could be with a country with the same weapons.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In the 1991 Iraq war, a lot was about oil. Iraq took over oil-rich Kuwait, and we couldn't let that happen. As long as we're there, not only should we steal their oil, but I believe we should steal their country and make it a part of the US. Taking land is part of war. I'm totally opposed to nation building. I said we should nuke them if they use chem or bio weapons on us. If the country just surrenders, they won't have to worry abouty being nuked.

Ummmm, people that say this is about oil should do a little research. We will take some of their oil to pay for this war, but the amount of oil we take will still not be enough to pay for the war.

Lets say it was about the oil. If Saddam took over the area and turned all the oil laden countries in that region into his areana, oil prices would shoot through the roof. The transportation industry would colapse in the usa. there would be a major oil crises and you wouldn't be able to get to work due to no gas at the pumps. It could cripple the united states and our way of life. So if it was all about Saddams oil, it is still justified.

These people that say "no war for oil" should get a clue.

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
Ummmm, people that say this is about oil should do a little research. We will take some of their oil to pay for this war, but the amount of oil we take will still not be enough to pay for the war.

Lets say it was about the oil. If Saddam took over the area and turned all the oil laden countries in that region into his areana, oil prices would shoot through the roof. The transportation industry would colapse in the usa. there would be a major oil crises and you wouldn't be able to get to work due to no gas at the pumps. It could cripple the united states and our way of life. So if it was all about Saddams oil, it is still justified.

These people that say "no war for oil" should get a clue.

It all started with daddy bush not finishing the job in 91, now jr. thinks he can make it right and everybody will rally behind him in this war but he put his foot in his mouth on this one as you can see with all the protesters and other countries not standing behind him.

I was going to stay out of this one but some of these comments are too much. :rolleyes: Oil is only one part of the puzzle that makes up this war. The U.S. doesn't want a madman in power that has a proven track record for attacking his neighbors and destabilizing the entire region. It so happens that the region Saddam is bent on dominating is where we get a big portion of our oil from. Why should we apologize for taking action to protect our economy and our way of life? For God sakes they used to have wars over molasses back in the day, so spare me the "no blood for oil" argument. Like I said oil is only one of the reasons the U.S. is there. Besides, if it was all about oil, why didn't the U.S. just declare victory in the Middle East in '91 and take all the oil?

The other part of the puzzle is terrorism and weapons of mass destruction. Saddam has supported terrorist training camps, and provided safe haven and assistance to those that would do us harm. That makes him our enemy. Was I the only one that saw the picture of the mural painted on a wall that some of our Marines in Iraq discovered? It was a painting on a wall that showed an airplane bearing the color scheme of Iraq Airlines crashing into a building. If that doesn't show the kind of people we are dealing with I don't know what does.

By the way, for those that ask what have Saddam or the Iraqis ever done to us? Anyone else besides me remember the USS Stark?

The reason daddy bush didn't finish the job in 91 is because the UN said that we would be committing war crimes if we continued with the attack. This was just after the cold war and it was thought that we needed much more support from other countries so that we didn't get the idiots that are now out there on the streets protesting violence while they themselves are causing just as much injury to american citizens as this war.

It all started with daddy bush not finishing the job in 91, now jr. thinks he can make it right and everybody will rally behind him in this war but he put his foot in his mouth on this one as you can see with all the protesters and other countries not standing behind him.

Your boys in the UN stopped that, not "Daddy Bush" George W is no longer trying to "rally everybody behind him" that time has passed. On the contrary, George W is doing the right thing for the country and the world, despite public opinion in countries like France, Germany, and a few other useless ones. We do have many nations on our side, some publicly, some privately, but we are no longer concerned with the likes of France. The Un is a joke, and now it is a memory. Tuche'

IF YOU ANTI-WAR PEOPLE HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT YET, YOU'RE JUST HOPELESS AND NEVER WILL GET IT. YOU HAVE NO COMMON SENSE. YOU CAN ALIGN YOURSELF WITH THE TREE HUGGING PROTESTERS, OUR SOCALLED WEASEL ALLIES SUCH AS FRANCE, AND MAKE UP YOUR SILLY ARGUMENTS THAT HOLD NO WATER SUCH AS "WAR FOR OIL". AND DESPITE WHAT ANY OF YOU SAY, IMO, YOU CAN'T BE AGAINST THE WAR AND PRESIDENT BUSH AND STILL BE FOR OUR MILITARY. IT JUST DON'T WORK!