I dont understand why so many people are against this war?

The good thing is that Jr. is not backing down to all the idiotic protestors and is doing what needs to be done despite the vocal minority.

It really scares me to think what would be going on if Gore were in office. He would still be apologizing to Bin Ladin for being an american. That is was our fault for thinking we should be able to live our lives free from the threat of terrorism.

It's not that the Bush's are war crazy, it's the guy in between that didn't take care of business. I don't blame his political party, he was the President and should have seen to it. I'd like to know what those against the war would do when the fight or more terrorist activity was brought to American soil? The guy's been hording WMD all this time, talking hasn't done squat in 12 years except buy him time to build more. I don't think many people are for "War", they're just for seeing this thing end--finally--and letting his people live without being the sphincter of the world due to his reign. Also, cut off a major source of terrorist activity, doing the whole world a favor. They'll still be out there, but they'll have to find more benefactors to help out behind the scenes. I doubt many will step up as quickly now. The World won't have it. Except France & Germany.

(as I clear my throat), Moderators please.

Originally posted by orion681
I am anti-bush. I really don't care how far his education goes, the man is an idiot. How many oil companies did daddy give him that he ran into the ground? Who was a cokehead and a drunk in their college days, and it's also a well known fact? But he is only a figurehead, he's a puppet. He is not the president, he is the C.A.L.U.S.=Court Appointed Leader of the US.

No name calling allowed!!!

I got smacked for just mentioning the French, Russians, and the Canandians' views and this guy gets to talk about the President like this and get away with it?

Where's the justice?

Just an observation on my part.

Of course I don't wish to OFFEND anyone so, I apoligize in advance:rolleyes: .

I am anti-bush

Well at least you admit it

the man is an idiot

Typical left wing reponse. When the usual liberal clap trap doesnt work, resort to name calling and personal attacks on President Bush, then run away.

was a cokehead and a drunk in their college days, and it's also a well known fact?

Oh really? Well known fact that Bush was a cokehead?? Don't suppose you've got any evidence to back that do you? No? Thought not. He admited he drank more than he was comfortable with in his earlier days, and had the fortitude to stop completely. I find the hypocracy a bit much for a "certified stoner" to even bring this garbage up.

But he is only a figurehead, he's a puppet. He is not the president, he is the C.A.L.U.S.=Court Appointed Leader of the US

Thats very clever did you come up with that yourself? Of course not, you heard it on NPR. Its really pretty sad that you liberales are still hung up on a non issue such as this.:rolleyes:

It gives me great satisfaction knowing you are in a very small minority in this country:)

Originally posted by striker_29
Says it all:rolleyes:

first of all, that has nothing to do with it. I haven't been doing that stuff lately anyway, but even if I did, there's a pretty big difference between cocaine and pot, and if you dont understand that then thats your problem. but regardless, ill conceed to the fact that this isn't a drug thread. I don't think you should flame anti-war people just because you don't agree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine. and if Iraq did overtake kuwait, that's not any of our business. let the kuwaities fight it. as I said before, we got involved in the politics in vietnam and look what happened. this tough "bada$$" nation had to step away because our guys were getting slaughetered. Now when we lose more servicemen in this one, I hope you will all be happy.
and Striker, its pretty lousy that you are going to pick apart every little thing I say, I certainly didn't do that to you. I came on here to state my opinion, and that was it. I addressed the whole thread. And as far as the stoner thing goes, you have no idea of who I am or my intelligence level. Everything I have ever done in school, I was always in accelerated advanced programs, from first grade on, and I have always placed in the top percentiles for all kinds of standardized testing, but that's neither here nor there.
I am not going to argue this anymore because the whole thing is stupid. you are obviously some conservative stuck in your ways and you follow all of the old crotchity politicans with comb-overs, so I am not even going to acknowledge you any further. I come to this board to talk about the cars that i love and the war of speed, not the war where people are dying. So I am just going to go back to ignoring the political posts.

If this war was over cheap oil, there was a much better way to get it:
- pressure the UN to end all sanctions of Iraq
- pat Saddam on the back, welcome him back to the world at large, say we're sorry
- and enjoy life as he cranks up the oil wells.

That's it. We give him some support, he gives us lots of oil. No war needed. Much much cheaper.

Do you think nobody thought of this option? It wouldn't have been anything unordinary. How many dictators has the US supported in the past for reasons like this. Does "the Shah" ring a bell for example?

So, why not the same thing now? Food for thought...

And if we had done that now, who would be in the streets protesting our support of another evil 3rd world dictator that lives high on the hog while reaping his countries wealth and terrorizing his countrymen? The same g.d. people that are out there protesting this war, that's who!

John

Originally posted borion681
So I am just going to go back to ignoring the political posts.

GREAT.........glad to listen to your discussion about Turbobuicks.

You have a right to your political opinions, and we have a right to tell you where you're wrong. This is serious business. We'd like this country to continue to exist. We think it's important to eliminate those who would destroy us. Many people have died protecting this country. We don't think they should have died in vain.

Gee Whiz

I didn't want to type, my fingers are too slow as it is, but sometimes I feel the need. First off let me say this, I appreciate living in a Country were we can express our views. This is so important! Now lets see, ORION 681 if you lived in Iraq you and REBAL T would get a visit probably in about 12 to 24 hours. It would be the government coming to talk to you about your anti-government attitude. The talking would end as the "agents" of the government beat you with their gun stocks until you fell on the floor in a bloody heap, next up, the wife, if they decided to rape her, so what, and then the infidel children would be beaten and possibly might die. One more post like that and you could lose your house, and possibly do some prison time. Freedom is sweet isn't it my friend? Unfortunately it dosen't come cheap now does it? Now, please allow me to attempt to enlighten you. I don't think you are too far gone ,there's still hope. I feel the conflict within you, "Let go of your Liberal spirit, It's not too late". How much oil do you really think we get from Iraq? I don't even know myself! But I do know this, Alsaka is full of oil, the gulfs around the US are full of oil, and Iraq is surronded by friendly nations who supply the US with oil. Which is easier - to open up oil drilling in a few hundred new locations, (national parks even), or to organize a 30 nation coalition, and sacrifice hundreds, potentially thousands of soldiers lives while spending 70 billion dollars, just to get Iraq to sell us thier oil. THINK ABOUT IT, no I mean it, REALLY THINK ABOUT IT. Korea wasn't about oil, Vietnam wasn't about oil, niether was the Gulf War in 1991. It's a matter of pay me now or pay me later. That's why Israel will frequently bomb another country to ashes, simply because they fear that thier national security is threatened, plain and simple. History 101. You can either let a dictatorship run wild and then try to deal with them, (cold war for 40 plus years), or try to fix the problem before they develop NBC warfare, (like Iraq today). You've got to think, THINK, about things thoroughly and you'll come to the conclussion that there's more involved than meets the eye. I appreciate your opinions and I know you appreciate your freedom, hopefully Iraq's people will as well. - BB
:)

a Canadians view

Well, as a Canadian who fully supports the war, I can only apologise for our Prime Ministers slap in the face to the USA. Keep in mind, he's a Frenchman.

Orion681, bringing up GW's past "drinking too much" has phuk all to do with his current role, and coming from a "certified stoner", your opinions carry a lot less wieght.

When I read a post by left wingers like yourself, then see the pics of the POW's, damn they are just kids, it makes me angry. I know you say you are behind the troops, but not the war, but I think GW was right when he said, "You are either with us, or against us"

I, for one, are with em'

BT

sorry, but its very ignorant of all of you to tell me that my opinion is wrong, and to tell me that i am wrong because i am liberal. I will always be liberal and thats the way I am. and i believe I DID RETRACT my statement about the drinking and drug thing in my last post, so please read everything before you flame me. and as i said, you know nothing about how i think, and whether i smoke or not, i would still feel the same way. i dont like to fight with people on this, but the whole thing is wrong. so if you are so for the war grab your gun and head over there. i don't know what else to tell you people, i dont want to keep commenting on this, but i dont let people dont take a crap on me and keep my mouth shut.

It's easy to say "War is bad, don't go to war" but what alternative is offered that hasn't been tried over the last 12 year since the last time? 12 years of diplomacy, talks, regulations, inspections has all *FAILED*. Please offer an alternative. It's easy to criticize the government's actions, but at least have a realistic alternative. No broad generalizations please.

I think a lot of people here would think twice about wanting to go to war if one of your kids might not be coming home alive I know I would.

I am completely against the war and the only reason I haven't said anything here is because I don't feel like getting flamed, but I really don't care. I am not against the servicemen, I give them all the respect they deserve as they are very brave men, as opposed to some who spit on them. I am anti-bush. I really don't care how far his education goes, the man is an idiot. How many oil companies did daddy give him that he ran into the ground? Who was a cokehead and a drunk in their college days, and it's also a well known fact? But he is only a figurehead, he's a puppet. He is not the president, he is the C.A.L.U.S.=Court Appointed Leader of the US.
Whether you all want to admit it or not, this war is over oilfields. Granted, Sadaam needs to be brought down. The man is a tyrant and a lunatic, but I have a feeling this is going to turn into another Vietnam, and so do many others that I know, including my very educated and politically savvy uncle. We are on their home turf, and no matter what technology we use against them, it's their house. And the USA is a very ethical country, we play by the rules. They do not, which means they are sneaky suckers, and murderers. The brave men and women out there don't deserve to die painful deaths by all of the chemical and bio weapons that they will use on us. This whole thing is a big mistake, and my stomach turns at every thought of it.

You my friend are a moron!!! You simply cannot say you are for the soldiers but not for the war. That is the dumbest dam thing I hear. ALL of the soldiers that are there or here are volunteers. They do not need your sympathy just your support. If you are against the war which is fought by the soldiers then you are against what the soldiers are doing. There is no grey area!! this is a cop out that people use to make themselves sound supportive. you are part of the problem. Especially if you think it is about oil!! you do not have a clue!!

SFC Chapman
US ARMY 21 years

Originally posted by REBAL T
It all started with daddy bush not finishing the job in 91, now jr. thinks he can make it right and everybody will rally behind him in this war but he put his foot in his mouth on this one as you can see with all the protesters and other countries not standing behind him.

A new MSNBC poll says 83% of Americans support the war. Protesters are in a tiny minority, and need to be arrested.

Originally posted by GN One Day...
It's not that the Bush's are war crazy, it's the guy in between that didn't take care of business.

Did you intend to say that Clinton was in between two Bushes? Now, that's funny! :D :D :D

First of all yall need to back off Orion, he has an opinion just as yall, and after he states his opinon nicely you have to bash him and call him a moron? How childish. He makes a few very good points. And please don't tell me you can't support the troops if you don't support the war. Please thats just ignorant propaganda. I guess all those vietnam protest weren't to get our troops out of harms way. But thats just being selfish caring aobut your troops well being and all. Now to my point. I agree with the war and think that it needed to be done. But I don't agree neccesarily on how he went about it. He burned bridges and had to make it into a long drawn out ordeal that has hurt our current relationships with allies(I understand there are reasons those countries didn't back us due to there economic ties with Iraq) I believe that we should have packed up and gone in months ago, and bypassed the U.N., because in the end we ended up with the same Coalition forces that were with us from the begining, but we gave Saddam months of time to prepare for the inevitable, which he had to of known was going to happen no matter what, being there were 200,000 troops along his border. Heck even Clinton new the U.N. was a lost cause and just went into Kosovo and took care of the problem and didn't even give the other U.N. nations the chance to complain about it. Just as many people were against that conflict according to polls taken then, but it happend so fast that most people had no idea how to react. Lets all play nice and keep this conversation civil. And God bless our troops and I hope this ends soon.

First of all, Orion makes NO good points and by his later comments still shows he doesn't have a clue. Secondly, you can't support the troops and be against our actions in Iraq. Problem with that is, it's not propoganda :rolleyes:, it's just true. Third, We don't need allies such as France.......they've needed us, time and time again.

Hey, did you hear the democrats new song.......We're targetting women and children in Iraq. Maybe they should join the Arab League. Congressman Rangel is the lead singer and probably today the rest of them will chime in. :rolleyes:

How to tell when somebody is totally clueless and devoid of any factual information

When any person says any of the following, then you know right away that arguing with that person is pointless. You know right away that the person is incapable of forming an original thought:

• The war is about oil
  • Bush didn't win, or was appointed by the Supreme Court
  • The war is about making Bush's buddies rich
  • Any comparisons of Bush to Hitler
  • Saddam is not a threat
  • Saddam has no weapons of mass destruction

Feel free to add to the list. There are a lot more liberal slogans not related to the war that give them away as being complete idiots.

I stand by my post and I believe that almost all military personnel would.
This is not viet nam. The statement that you support our troops but not what they are doing is just a copout to make you sound supportive. But from a soldiers perspective you are not supportive or only halfway supportive if this is your position. period. you guys should hear the talk about this position within the units. I cannot post what is being said by the soldiers about those that support this point of view!! This is an attempt to be politically correct. Reality check people!!

SFC Chapman
US ARMY Ft. Polk, La.

Regardless of who the Commander In Chief is. Even IF there is a hidden agenda"OIL". It is our responsibility to protect those who can not protect themselves. It is our responsibility to protect the innocent, not as the only SUPERPOWER in world, not as Americans or Britons but as human beings. When a man exterminates thousands of civilians using chemicals and we turn the other cheek then WE are just as guilty as the one who orders and does it. As HUMAN BEINGS we have failed to protect those who can't protect them selves. This should not have been an American or British war it should have been a world war. Demonstraiting to all those who have the capabilities to cause mass murder that they will answer to the laws of the world. Even if my Brother's about 900 hundred in my Battalion 3/8 in the USMC were to get gas and killed, Even if my 4 year old boy or my 3 year old girl decided to fight in the military and were met with a gruesome death. I would feel a large pain of their loss but that would not and should never stop our duties as HUMAN BEINGS.

Sgt Suarez SS platoon Disabled VET "94-98" 3rd batalion 8th marines Semper FI