I finally snipped it.......(power antenna)

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
After I spent about $200 for a new GM power antenna, $150 for the install AND installed a dedicated switch to override the automatic function, it still breaks. What a horrible design. It probably went up and down less than 100 times, maybe even 75 times. I enjoyed cutting it so much. I know I am fortunate that it broke in the up position but now I can't put the car cover on. So off it went. I feel so free. It looks so much better anyway without it. I have a Dakota Digital hidden antenna that I will be installing. Will keep everyone posted.

You didnt have to cut...fyi......unscrew nut and pull old ant/mast out.

In 2003 I wiggled mine down with the motor helping it, unplugged it, and haven't looked back since!

I leave just enough out so I can pull it up manually for long trips, but I suppose I usually listen to music through my phone anyway even then.

My nut was painted on during a cheap repaint. I wasn't able to move the antenna up or down. I actually like the look of the nut on the fender, just never did like the straight silver antenna, didn't match with the car.

Open hood, unplug radio antenna wire, open passenger door, cover passenger door with masking tape, unbolt fender, remove anetnna, cover hole with 3/4 inch black plastic cover from hardware store. Install head unit that plays ipod/iphone and use an app for a radio.